Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Rainn Wilson-Clueless!

Almost 27 years and we still get hassled for burning one cop car. Well at least we do not burn the city down when we loose!

Got a link???

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/artic...7765274553.txt

Vancouver is now the Detroit of Canada" Wilson posted on his Twitter account. He later said "Wow, I pissed off a lot of Vancouverites and Detroit folk. In penance, I'm going to tip over my Prius and set fire to it."

It's come to where we give a fuck what Rainn Wilson thinks?

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    Almost 27 years and we still get hassled for burning one cop car. Well at least we do not burn the city down when we loose!
    To be fair, there's not much left to burn down.

I would bet you that over 95% of the people wouldn't know who this guy is even if he walked up and introduced himself. If I was forced to guess I would have said he plays baseball in the Tigers farm system. We really shouldn't spend anytime worrying about what some actor posts on his twitter page.

Shrute!

Name:  shrute.jpg
Views: 892
Size:  16.2 KB

We aren't really so thin-skinned that we care about a flippant tweet from the guy who plays Assistant to the Regional Manager on "The Office," are we?

He should be scolded making a lazy joke, if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Melody View Post
    We aren't really so thin-skinned that we care about a flippant tweet from the guy who plays Assistant to the Regional Manager on "The Office," are we?

He should be scolded making a lazy joke, if anything.
    According to Dwight, he is the Assistant Regional Manager, big difference bub!

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Gallactica.

Quote Originally Posted by BrushStart View Post
    According to Dwight, he is the Assistant Regional Manager, big difference bub!
    Whatever, Andy is the Regional Director in Charge of Sales...

I was complaining about this the other day. Since 1984, there have been sports related riots in many cities in North America- Vancouver, Denver, LA, Columbus, East Lansing, etc. Detroit has won 3 NBA titles, 4 Stanley Cups, and lost a World Series and there haven't been any notable incidents. But whenever the subject of rioting comes up, it's always Detroit that gets called out. I'm goddamn tired of it.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    I was complaining about this the other day. Since 1984, there have been sports related riots in many cities in North America- Vancouver, Denver, LA, Columbus, East Lansing, etc. Detroit has won 3 NBA titles, 4 Stanley Cups, and lost a World Series and there haven't been any notable incidents. But whenever the subject of rioting comes up, it's always Detroit that gets called out. I'm goddamn tired of it.
    I agree completely that Detroit gets called out but to say there haven't been any notable incidents is ignoring what happened after the Tigers win in 84 and the Pistons in 1990. Believe me, the riots in Vancouver are getting huge play nationally here in Canada and around the world. My wife is visiting in Northern Ireland right now. I spoke to her on the phone yesterday and she said it's all over the news. All the money spent and subsequent goodwill generated by the Winter Olympics is out the broken window.

Whatever. You know Wilson is about the age where he is going to remember the biggest, baddest sports riot being the roar of '84. Who cares? You'd think Bubba Helms' pot belly was still on Michigan Avenue to listen to some of the thin-skinned complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by drjeff View Post
    Don't forget, after the Rodney King riots while LA was burning, there was similar riots in cities like Pittsburgh, Denver, and New York, and not so much as a bottle was thrown in Detroit. Not to mention during the Great Blackout there were few, if any, notable incidents.

lilpup Guest

Time.com continued its [[probably Okrent inspired) anti-Detroit bias just yesterday when they ran a bit about sports riots that featured Detroit in 3 of the 10 mentioned incidents.

http://newsfeed.time.com/2011/06/16/...-sports-riots/

I probably shouldn't admit this but I don't remember much about the 1990 post-Pistons win "riot" - was that the one where the primary altercation involved a fan getting hit by a car in the Palace parking lot?

GUSHI Guest

just imagine if the Lions won, we would definetly need the National Guard. THE CITY WOULD BURN!

lilpup Guest

Maybe not. I honestly believe the lack of party space immediately around Tiger Stadium was part of the problem in 1984. Give fans some party plaza space out of the streets away from moving cars and things will usually go smoother, imho...OR...strictly limit or eliminate alcohol sales [[e.g. the one time U-Mich basketball fans got so out of hand it was out in the street on the street that houses so many of the bars - alcohol's not sold at U-Mich venues).

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    just imagine if the Lions won, we would definetly need the National Guard. THE CITY WOULD BURN!
    Doubtful. Do you really think many people are going to rush out late on a cold, maybe snowy January or February Sunday night to rape and pillage?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Doubtful. Do you really think many people are going to rush out late on a cold, maybe snowy January or February Sunday night to rape and pillage?
    I would.......

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    I probably shouldn't admit this but I don't remember much about the 1990 post-Pistons win "riot" - was that the one where the primary altercation involved a fan getting hit by a car in the Palace parking lot?
    The only memory I have is the female reporter from channel 4 being attacked on Belle Isle while she covered people celebrating.
    For the following few days she had her hiar pulled back so you could see the bruise on her forehead. I can't remember her name, but she now works for the NBC evening news as a reporter

Just did a search, it was Anne Thompson.

GUSHI Guest

If the Lions every win a Superbowl I would be on the streets partying like a mofo, I wouldn't care if it was 20 below, would have the liquor keeping me warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post

Rainn-if his name isn't a hippie giveaway-is from Seattle. Home of the 1st American team to win the Stanley Cup. To be fair, Detroit DID loot the Red Wings from Victoria, B.C. Despite what Bowling For Columbine" tells you, Canadians are a pyromania-obsessed drunken feral people

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingJ View Post
    Rainn-if his name isn't a hippie giveaway-is from Seattle.
    The same Seattle that had a major riot a few years ago when the G7 Summit held their conference there? Of coarse the city officials claimed the rioters were outsiders and anarchists, and not any of the city's upstanding citizens.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast