Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Happie Guest

Default Has anyone else heard the rumors about Bing and Dumas?

They wouldn't be dumb enough to have an affair, or would they?

What's her background/bio?
    It sounds like she's a bitch and a half.

Was I wrong about Bing. I thought he'd be really good for Detroit. I figured organization would be his strong point, but it appears that he's clueless about running a big city government.

"...it appears that he's clueless about running a big city government."

Ummm, perhaps because he had no government experience before this?

lilpup Guest

or you're just hearing from those who were/would be benefiting from him not being there. Archer got a lot of push-back, too, when he tried to straight things out.

Quote Originally Posted by REL View Post
    "...it appears that he's clueless about running a big city government."

Ummm, perhaps because he had no government experience before this?
    Ummm, that's why people in his position need to hire people that they can trust and know what they are doing in running a government. So far he's proven that he can't do that.

I see this as Bing doing what he should be doing and the Kleptocracy class trying to protect their gravy train.

"I see this as Bing doing what he should be doing and the Kleptocracy class trying to protect their gravy train."

It's been 2 years in office for Bing. What are his big accomplishments to date?

It's been 2 years in office for Bing. What are his big accomplishments to date?
    Ummmm,

Ummmmmmm,

Ummmmmmmmm,

Ummmmmmmmmmmm,

I'm thinking...........................

Karen is hot though...

Curt Guyette of Metro Times offer his take on the court documents:

http://blogs.metrotimes.com/index.ph...er-shoe-drops/

"... anyone looking to find allegations of Kwame-style scandal in this suit will be disappointed. There’s no mention of any late-night trysts with women wearing fur coats with nothing on underneath or liaisons with hot Jamaican chicks in the back of barbershops. "Instead, we’re offered a picture of a cowed Dave Bing who is securely under the thumb of harpyDumas."

This whole lawsuit is idiotic and if you read the paperwork they filed you can see it for yourself. I very much doubt that Bing let alone anyone else in the administration would be so stupid as to have an affair and involve corrupt practices with it so soon after the kwame scandal. The accusations are rediculous and it makes Dumas sound like a lunatic and someone who would have gotten nowhere in city government acting like she is accused to have been. When I read that they all went to DC and she makes them wait while she shops at Tj Max, I thought why on earth would she feel the need to shop there while in DC and not just do it at home.
    Dave Bing also would not get anywhere in the business world or city goernment if he was so easily cowed underfoot of someone as is claimed in this lawsuit. Also if this kind of childish behavior was going on as much as the suit claims then we would have heard of it before hand. In addition it was no secret that Bing was making plans to take over the school district and wanted to be placed as a financial manager over Detroit if that were to happen. There were numerous stories in the news about this months ago.
    Lastly there are several key parts of the lawsuit that just scream that there is something screwy going on. First is that the womans husband is claiming to be part of this because he suffered from her losing her job. I see no reason why he should be in the lawsuit since he did not work in the office. Second is that she is claiming emotional distress and that is often a tactic used in lawsuits where they want money because they know it is so hard to prove that it is untrue. I also noticed that the filing itself was rather amateurish and full of typos and misspellings that should have been caught had they bothered using a spell check. This lawsuit is nothing more than a money grab and it is unfortunate that the city which has such a huge financial problem is forced to deal with this.

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarok1981 View Post
    When I read that they all went to DC and she makes them wait while she shops at Tj Max, I thought why on earth would she feel the need to shop there while in DC and not just do it at home.
    Because each TJ Maxx stocks slightly different clothing. I went to a conference earlier in the month and after we got out of our sessions for the day, we visited the local Marshalls, Nordstrom Rack, etc. I tagged along to window shop, but got two sweaters for $15, 90-95% off the regular price.

I don't quibble with any other stuff in the thread, if the information is factual, but that part of it I DID understand as a woman.

LOL, but would you EVER make even your friends stop on the way to some function to check out the stores...or demand that your boss cancel his next appointment in a far-away town with people higher then him on the ladder?!

Ragnarok, all I can say is wow. I'm not sure I can take anything you say at face value, you seem such the apologist for her. Is it a crush, or are you related?!

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; June-16-11 at 02:28 PM.

Making personal attacks against me because I use logic when analyzing this is childish. I am looking at the case from a legal perspective and the case has holes big enough to sail the titanic through. These claims if true would make the city leadership paralyzed and unable to function, and we know that is not true. But arguing this with you wont go anywhere because you are steadfast in your opinion and you refuse to listen to another perspective.

Making personal attacks against me because I use logic when analyzing this is childish. I am looking at the case from a legal perspective and the case has holes big enough to sail the titanic through. These claims if true would make the city leadership paralyzed and unable to function, and we know that is not true. But arguing this with you wont go anywhere because you are steadfast in your opinion and you refuse to listen to another perspective.
    The city leadership is nearly paralyzed and that is exactly the problem. People were speaking of this paralysis before this lawsuit appeared. This lawsuit, as someone already noted, appears to be fillling us in on why the leadership is paralyzed.

When a mayor complains that he is not getting enough help from the business world in selecting his management team and running the City, you know that person is not equipped to be mayor. Supposedly, the successful businessman was supposed to bring that very kind of expertise with him.

"When a mayor complains that he is not getting enough help from the business world in selecting his management team and running the City, you know that person is not equipped to be mayor. Supposedly, the successful businessman was supposed to bring that very kind of expertise with him."

Which is exactly what some of us said before he was elected. I was never sold on Bing's accomplishments as a business leader. But even if he was, there's no guarantee that running a successful business translate into the world of public office. There's plenty of examples of people from the business world who couldn't make that transition.

Thinking my comments are ATTACKS is your very first mistake, fella. Your defensive posture shows some deeper allegiance, I was merely digging to find it. These you didn't deny, so I MUST be getting closer.

Where are you using logic again?! If you could highlight it for the rest of us in your previous posts, that would help. I read you as being an apologist, and not a very good one at that.

For the record, the Titanic sunk on it's maiden voyage...it can no longer sail through any tangible loopholes.

If you've missed it, the city 'leadership' HAS been paralyzed, unable to function...AND totally inadequate in keeping employees at the administrative level. More than thirty people have left, and you've YET to acknowledge that FACT.

I'm waiting for your logic to flow. I'll just sit here childishly grinning.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; June-16-11 at 04:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
    Which is exactly what some of us said before he was elected. I was never sold on Bing's accomplishments as a business leader. But even if he was, there's no guarantee that running a successful business translate into the world of public office. There's plenty of examples of people from the business world who couldn't make that transition.
    I hear ya, Novine. I was forever giving him slack whenever I heard people I trust saying positive things, including the backroom meetings he'd been having with Dennis Archer, someone I have respect for...the anti-Kwhyme as far as I'm concerned. We couldn't have had a more disparate set of people in this job, always felt that Archer was above reproach...but I certainly could be wrong on that as well!

I thought in my heart that Bing was a shill for the McNamara/Kilpatrick/Cheeks cartel. This is merely being proven to me, gradually and against the hope I had that he was for real. [[but then again, even during that second election, I was hoping that Kwhyme would finally come to his senses and become the great leader he COULD'VE been).

<sigh>

Sincerely,
    John
    Last edited by Gannon; June-16-11 at 04:24 PM.

I have not read of anything about an affair, why would I care if two city officials are getting some action, thats their business,as long as it doesnt interfere. Am I missing something?

I met Karen a few times on Belle Isle while stacking rocks, she gave me a certificate signed by KK thanking me for "Doing my part". As far as I could tell she was cool beans. I imagine if you had her job it would be a pre requisite to be a bit of a bitch.

I wouldnt blame Dave, she is a dish.

Yes, you wouldn't care. But 30 people have left the Mayor's office in two years. Very competant people have left, nothing of importance has gotten done, the City gets more ragged every day with less public safety and the cause of the malfunction may be an affair and an unwarranted loyalty by the mayor to the source of the departures - and that odd loyalty may come from the fact that she was giving him "some action."

In the corporate world, such an affair between the boss and the appointee would be cause for the Board to ask the CEO to leave. They are recognized as highly disruptive to the business.

That's why you should get off your "never make a judgement" horse and care.

In the corporate world, such an affair between the boss and the appointee would be cause for the Board to ask the CEO to leave. They are recognized as highly disruptive to the business.
    It never seemed to disturb Karmanos any...heh.

Plus, many people feel stuff got done during the Clinton Administration, in addition to the INTERNS.

Yes, I'm joking...just trying to stick up for my nearly-blind flippant friend Django. Always looking for the dishes...heh.

PLEASE tell me you still have that certificate, Django.

Please.