Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Texas de Brazil opens in Campus Martius

Texas de Brazil, the chain known for its generous portions and gaucho-clad servers, is now open at 1000 Woodward Ave. inside the Compuware building at Campus Martius.
    The 7,000 square-foot restaurant is the 20th location for the Dallas- based chain.
    Its all-you-can-eat menu features 15 different grilled meats prepared in the traditional southern Brazilian method, over an open flame, and carved tableside by gauchos, or Brazilian cowboys.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...campus-martius

Look forward to trying this place out after trying Gaucho's in Northville last year these place are a meat eaters dream.

hmm... sounds intriguing..

I thought it interesting that they will only be open for dinner. Granted, a side of beef isn't what I like for lunch anymore, but with all the office workers nearby, aren't they missing a big opportunity?

No one would ever get any work done after lunch. I would definitely curl up on my desk after eating there.

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    I thought it interesting that they will only be open for dinner. Granted, a side of beef isn't what I like for lunch anymore, but with all the office workers nearby, aren't they missing a big opportunity?

Last time I ate at one of these places..I was sluggish for like the next day and a half.

Understood, but it seems like for all the investment in the place, and downtown restaurants' special challenges, it would be good to hedge their bets and have a lunch menu with smaller portions. I mean it's smack dab in the middle of all the daytime activity, and they're only going to serve the nighttime crowd?

They shoud add breakfast later.Or brunch

Well the website says lunch is coming soon.

Default Texas de Brazil

So i hear that Texasde Brazil opened up in Compuware. This is SOOOO much better than HRC, i cant wait to get back home and eat there.

Has anyone besides me eaten at this place, it's amazing.

I'll be trying it for the first time on Saturday. Pretty pumped.

ferntruth Guest

All you can eat?!

No wonder this region is so overweight.

I ate at this place for my birthday [[Chicago location), and it is awesome. I can't really see them doing breakfast, or brunch.

It's MUCH better than Hard Rock Cafe I gotta say, I can hardly believe it's there.

I like this chain. Fattening and kinda ridiculous, but yummy and fun.

Hans,

Don't eat on Friday night, or Sat morning