Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Miller Middle School

As I was driving by Miller Middlle School over near Chene and Vernor and I saw a death fence around it and noticed a security guard in the pool-side parking lot. Does anyone know what is going on with Miller Middle School, it was abandoned in 2007. You can barely see the fence in the backgound in the second pictureName:  DSC_0650.jpg
Views: 1490
Size:  24.4 KB
    Name:  DSC_0650 [[2).jpg
Views: 841
Size:  23.2 KB

It is not listed on their for sale list ,but it does look pretty secure though.

They assigned 5 charters maybe somebody has an eye on that one for the next ?

I've been noticing all kinds of activity here lately. Many trucks, portapotties, etc. Any ideas?

Here is a picture of Sidney Miller Middle School from a couple of years ago. It has
    a rich history. I hope that it can be used.
    http://detroit1701.org/Miller%20Middle%20School.html

A couple recent shots...

010 by Zack Blackerby's Detroit, on Flickr

009 by Zack Blackerby's Detroit, on Flickr

008 by Zack Blackerby's Detroit, on Flickr

OSHA has building site security requirements that must be met before asbestos abatement can commence. Maybe that is the reason for the fence. Just a guess.

detroiturbex just reported on his facebook that it is being renovated and turned into a charter school.