Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Police Officer Dies... After Being Hit By Car In Greektown

Detroit Police Officer Dies A Week After Being Struck By Car In Greektown

I thought he'd pull thru but the officer died from complications from his severe injuries...

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/dpp/news...#disqus_thread

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/28210491/detail.html

That's when Officer Armor stood in front of the car to make him stop, but the man slammed into the officer and threw him several feet then kept going. We're told bystanders actually stopped him, pulled him out of the car, and beat him up. Police quickly arrived and arrested him.
    Understandable. But wrong. Sad news.

Buy American Guest

Saddam Hussein Mohsin is the killer's name. At his arraignment they had to cover his face because he was spitting at everyone. He has a total disregard for anyone or anything. What a piece of $hit!

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Saddam Hussein Mohsin is the killer's name. At his arraignment they had to cover his face because he was spitting at everyone. He has a total disregard for anyone or anything. What a piece of $hit!
    I saw on the evening news that he had a dust mask on. Was that the reason why he was sporting it?

Seriously WTF is this guy thinking? Driving the wrong way on a street; regardless if it was a police officer or not that had been harmed, he obviously had to be stopped. My heart goes out to the officer's family and my hatred of this guy is going to bubble up.

He made a horrible horrible mistake. Now at least man up and pay for it by spending some time behind bars. I'm even going to cut this guy some slack and say he did it without any malice, but now when confronted by all of this- he's spitting at people? Sheer class and for that- I'd toss him in jail for a bit longer for his lack of respect and his total disregard about his own actions.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Understandable. But wrong. Sad news.
    Tragic end but this sounds like a citizen's arrest to me. Glad we have this murderer in custody.

A mess indeed. I talked to an officer today wearing the black 'band' across his badge [[symbol signifying a fallen fellow officer) and he said the man was acting crazy and demented all the way to the lockup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagley View Post
    Tragic end but this sounds like a citizen's arrest to me. Glad we have this murderer in custody.

bartock Guest

This proves that you are completely full of shit.

“Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. - Matthew 5:9. May you rest and peace Officer Armour, my brother in blue.

Quote Originally Posted by bartock View Post
    What would you have preferred? A murderer free to roam or a murderer awaiting trial with a few bumps and bruises. I'll take the latter all day everyday. Can your hatred of police be that deep-seeded? Or do you feel Detroiters should be more passive about crime?

A few things to note.

1. The police didn't lay a hand on this guy.

2. A few of the citizens that stopped him ended up getting a few licks in, remember they've had no training and are not duly sworn police officers. The same standards that DPD are held to aren't going to apply here.

3. These same citizens that, stopped him, and this is very important to remember, after he ran over an officer of the law and was ready and willing to run over others. Were also some of the very same citizens that he assaulted before running the officer over.

While it may be preferrable that the Citizens apprehending the suspect not rough him up a little bit. It seems as though this maniac didn't give them much choice. As it's been reported, he's trying to assault people any chance he gets.

Why you're mad at Bagley's comments over this is rather perplexing.

Officer Armour is a hero. Makes me regret my comments about DPD elsewhere.

Good to see Detroit's citizens being vigilant enough to apprehend the fucker.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/20872-po...s-chuck-armour

I'm not sure intentionally stepping in front of a moving vehicle is the wisest thing to do though.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Agreed, he is piece of $hit. But I resent your emphasis on his name. Would it have made a difference if his name was John Doe?

bartock Guest

What would you have preferred? A murderer free to roam or a murderer awaiting trial with a few bumps and bruises. I'll take the latter all day everyday. Can your hatred of police be that deep-seeded? Or do you feel Detroiters should be more passive about crime?
    My statement had nothing to do with the police or Detroiters.

bartock Guest

[QUOTE=kraig;251449]A few things to note.

2. A few of the citizens that stopped him ended up getting a few licks in, remember they've had no training and are not duly sworn police officers. The same standards that DPD are held to aren't going to apply here.

3. These same citizens that, stopped him, and this is very important to remember, after he ran over an officer of the law and was ready and willing to run over others. Were also some of the very same citizens that he assaulted before running the officer over.

While it may be preferrable that the Citizens apprehending the suspect not rough him up a little bit. It seems as though this maniac didn't give them much choice. As it's been reported, he's trying to assault people any chance he gets.

Why you're mad at Bagley's comments over this is rather perplexing.[/QUOTE]

It is kind of like seeing your neighbor's house get broken into and then laughing about it while blaming your neighbor for what happened. Then, when it happens to you, you pretend it's no big deal.

It is kind of like seeing your neighbor's house get broken into and then laughing about it while blaming your neighbor for what happened. Then, when it happens to you, you pretend it's no big deal.

That's your logic? It is actually "like" seeing someone who risks his life to protect you lose his life in the line of duty and then seeing the murderer get roughed up a little and not being mad about it. If that offends you, you ought to hear what I hope they have planned for this scoundrel in prison. You behave as if a posse were deputized to hang him. Get real.

Could any one of us turn down the wrong way down a one way street? Sure. Would we then assault or murder others with our vehicle? I'll leave the answer to that one to you as you seem to be of the thought that the driver's actions were reasonable while those of his victims were barbaric.

..anybody know when the next hearing on this is supposed to be.. will the upgraded charges be filed before then?

bartock Guest

That's your logic? It is actually "like" seeing someone who risks his life to protect you lose his life in the line of duty and then seeing the murderer get roughed up a little and not being mad about it. If that offends you, you ought to hear what I hope they have planned for this scoundrel in prison. You behave as if a posse were deputized to hang him. Get real.

Could any one of us turn down the wrong way down a one way street? Sure. Would we then assault or murder others with our vehicle? I'll leave the answer to that one to you as you seem to be of the thought that the driver's actions were reasonable while those of his victims were barbaric.
    There is not one thing in this response that comes within 100 miles of any point I was making with my post. Here's a hint:

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...owntown/page10

There is not one thing in this response that comes within 100 miles of any point I was making with my post. Here's a hint:

http://www.detroityes.com/mb/showthr...owntown/page10
    So your comment about my comment on this thread makes more sense in the context of a comment I made on another thread? Got it. My apologies for viewing your comments in this thread in relation to the other comments here.Thanks. Lets get back to Officer Armour whom I'm sure we can agree deserved better than he got.

[QUOTE=bartock;251487]
    Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    A few things to note.

Why you're mad at Bagley's comments over this is rather perplexing.[/QUOTE]

No it's not. And please put my entire quote in the quote box next time. Otherwise, someone may credit you with what I'm stating and think that you're finally starting to make some sense on this thread. Which is hardly the case.

Buy American Guest

"Weiss said he expects Mohsin, a father of five with relatives in Dearborn, will face some degree of homicide charge.
    In addition to the assault with intent to commit murder charge, Mohsin has been charged with assault to commit great bodily harm, failure to stop at the scene of an accident, reckless driving and possession of marijuana, according to the Prosecutor's Office"

Some degree of homicide charge??? I would think he would be charged with murder since he deliberately ran into the officer. I would expect that he will be put away for life for murdering the officer. Of course our justice system leaves a lot to be desired these days.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    [

No it's not. And please put my entire quote in the quote box next time. Otherwise, someone may credit you with what I'm stating and think that you're finally starting to make some sense on this thread. Which is hardly the case.
    Who are you to tell me what I'm thinking and what my opinion is? You asked the question, and apparently didn't like or understand the answer. And I put your entire quote in the quote box. I bolded the relevant portion that I was responding to. To...make...it...easier...to...understand...the... point...I...was...addressing.

I DO apologize for any threadjack, because what happened to the officer was terrible and I hope and expect the man responsible to do life in prison. I shouldn't have addressed the hypocrisy.

bartock Guest

So your comment about my comment on this thread makes more sense in the context of a comment I made on another thread?

Yep......

Got it. My apologies for viewing your comments in this thread in relation to the other comments here.Thanks. Lets get back to Officer Armour whom I'm sure we can agree deserved better than he got.

OK.........

Who are you to tell me what I'm thinking and what my opinion is? You asked the question, and apparently didn't like or understand the answer. And I put your entire quote in the quote box. I bolded the relevant portion that I was responding to. To...make...it...easier...to...understand...the... point...I...was...addressing.

I DO apologize for any threadjack, because what happened to the officer was terrible and I hope and expect the man responsible to do life in prison. I shouldn't have addressed the hypocrisy.
    Since I'm certain that you are referring to my comments on a different thread as hypocritical, can I ask what is hypocritical about taking issue with someone discussing a crime that occurred in NW Detroit on a thread specifically about crime downtown? Further, officer Armour's murder actually occurred Downtown. You shouldn't have addressed the "hypocrisy" because you're making it up. If I am a hypocrite for combating the assertion that "living downtown sort of constitutes looking for crime" and simultaneously being glad when a criminal is caught, then I congratulate you for having successfully redefined the term "hypocrisy."

bartock Guest

Since I'm certain that you are referring to my comments on a different thread as hypocritical, can I ask what is hypocritical about taking issue with someone discussing a crime that occurred in NW Detroit on a thread specifically about crime downtown? Further, officer Armour's murder actually occurred Downtown. You shouldn't have addressed the "hypocrisy" because you're making it up. If I am a hypocrite for combating the assertion that "living downtown sort of constitutes looking for crime" and simultaneously being glad when a criminal is caught, then I congratulate you for having successfully redefined the term "hypocrisy."
    I apologized for the thread jack, I'm not going to address this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast