Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Best 35 and Over Bars in Detroit/Metro

While I"m on the subject of cocktails. Can you please tell me some of the best corner [[Cheers type) bars, nightclubs in Detroit/Metro area that cater to those of us in our 40's and up. No way would I even enter into these 20ish clubs, bleck. There comes a time when it's depressing and you look like an idiot.

agrahlma Guest

The Rugby Grille at the Townsend Hotel [[Birmingham). Although I've never been there, a close friend recently told me that it’s a great place for the 40 and over crowd on Saturday nights. Can anyone confirm?

Try Skipper's in Hamtramck.

Downtown Plymouth has quite a few of these places ranging from sports bars to wine bars.

I don't usually think of bars broken down by age, more by interest or subculture or music. But I would say '70s night at Boogie Nights would be a safe bet ...

Nice thing about being in your seventies is that just about the time you can't get up and go out any more, you don't really give a shit.

Give me a nice glass of Merlot on my back patio and keep the noise down. No worry about a designated driver and I can be in bed at 10.

Ray....
    .....no different for this 60+ guy, although my wife and I do like to go out for a drink every so often [[I don't mix drinks. I could screw up a rum and Coke), in general it's a beer on the front porch looking at the sun going down behind the Cascade Mountains. is fine with me.........

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I don't usually think of bars broken down by age, more by interest or subculture or music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    But I would say '70s night at Boogie Nights would be a safe bet ...
    I'm with you Nerd.

bartock Guest

Anywhere in St. Clair Shores.

Edit: ...not named the Beach Grill.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Try Skipper's in Hamtramck.

Downtown Plymouth has quite a few of these places ranging from sports bars to wine bars.
    Thanks DP. I think you meant to say 'Try Skipper's in Hamtramck - it's 65 and over. The AARP bar'.

there's at least a few places on michigan ave. near the old tiger stadium site.. how is O'blivions?

Waldenberg Bar out on Romeo Plank.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    there's at least a few places on michigan ave. near the old tiger stadium site.. how is O'blivions?
    I've never seen it open in many years. I'm guessing about 10 or more years.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    I've never seen it open in many years. I'm guessing about 10 or more years.
    Ob's is only open for lunch hours 11am - 3pm. They tried night hours and didn't work.