Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Thread: Best Cocktail

Default Best Cocktail

I'm looking for a good Dirty Martini. Used to get them at Bamboozles in Livonia.

Also if anyone comes across Sweet Tea Vodka in the Detroit/Metro area please let me know where. I've heard MI has it but it's hard to find.

I'd like to try this receipe from the Food Network.

Sweet Cherry Tea

Recipe courtesy Jason Keefe
    Prep Time: 5 min Inactive Prep Time: -- Cook Time: -- Level: Easy Serves: 1 serving
    Ingredients

• 1/2-ounce sweet tea flavored vodka [[recommend: FireFly) 1/2-ounce cherry schnapps liqueur . Dash cherry juice. Splash lemonade. Ice.
    • Michigan cherries, for garnish
    Directions

Pour all the ingredients, except the cherries, into a shaker filled with ice. Shake a couple of times and pour into a serving glass. Garnish with 2 Michigan cherries on toothpick.
    Last edited by MizMotown; June-08-11 at 01:15 PM.

I hate to be the last martini purist, but this is not a martini. Just because it's in a long-stemmed cocktail glass doesn't make it a martini. Count me among the few who enjoy the fragrant jolt of cold gin, aka the real thing. Silver Bullet, please!

The Last Word [[Created at the DAC)

3/4 oz Gin [[I use Plymouth)
    3/4 oz Lime juice
    3/4 oz Green Chartreuse [[hard to find, Champagne's in Warren carries it)
    3/4 oz Maraschino Liquor [[impossible to find, had to improvise)

Shake over ice and strain.

My wife had a Cucumber Collins made with Hendrick's and Champagne at the Saltwater bar in MGM that was pretty damned tasty.

Best cocktail: PBR long neck and a Kessler straight.

Sweet tea vodka is at University Liquor on Forest and 3rd, I'm about 90% positive.

Quote Originally Posted by 1KielsonDrive View Post
    Best cocktail: PBR long neck and a Kessler straight.
    What, no Beam?

Sherry's bar on Vernor has a bartender named Denise who is a drink making guru, the more complicated the drink is the happier she is making it.

Hat-tips to great bartenders: Eric Welsh at Cork, Andrew Gyorke at Woodbridge. Those guys could probably make a delicious drink out of wood alcohol and M&Ms.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    I hate to be the last martini purist, but this is not a martini. Just because it's in a long-stemmed cocktail glass doesn't make it a martini. Count me among the few who enjoy the fragrant jolt of cold gin, aka the real thing. Silver Bullet, please!
    I'm right there with you. Dry gin martini, up with two olives please.

Default Best 35 and Older Bars Detroit/Metro Area

I know, but I can't do Gin. Not since that night in 1988. :-p Between Sloe Gin, Gin, Kesler's Whiskey, and Southern Comfort I dont' know what is worse, but I can't take the smell of any of them.

Beam was my buddy for a long time w/ Pepsi chaser. Dang a few of my friends and I could throw down with the best. I'd have a hard time smellin' Beam now too I think.
    Last edited by MizMotown; June-08-11 at 03:35 PM.