Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Police Chopper in Lafayette Park Now!

There's been a police helicopter with the spotlight around Lafayette Park and I don't know where else downtown for about the last hour. Hope they find who they are looking for. I doubt they are practicing at this hour. Anyone have a clue what's going on?

I am surprised to learn the the DPD still has a helicopter. I thought they got rid of them long ago. Is it really a police helicopter?

lilpup Guest

could be customs or DEA - DEA has taken to using aircraft based infra red heat detection to locate grow houses - the grow lamps give them away

Maybe a squirrel bit Bing and they're trying to find it.

They did sell them, michigan state police has a helicopter assigned to Detroit. Detroit PD and MSP operate it jointly.

agrahlma Guest

I saw one around downtown this past Saturday around 11:00ish. They had the spotlight on the top of a few buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by lilpup View Post
    could be customs or DEA - DEA has taken to using aircraft based infra red heat detection to locate grow houses - the grow lamps give them away
    a technique that i would expect has become far less useful since michigan became a medical state. DEA doesn't have patient lists. Or atleast they are arent supposed to.

bartock Guest

There are police helicopters or a police helicopter south of us in the area south of Kelly/Moross on a pretty regular basis.

Quote Originally Posted by Autoracks View Post
    a technique that i would expect has become far less useful since michigan became a medical state. DEA doesn't have patient lists. Or atleast they are arent supposed to.
    from an article a few days ago: "A judge in Grand Rapids has ordered the state of Michigan to turn over medical marijuana records on several patients in the Lansing area."

full story - http://www.connectmidmichigan.com/ne...aspx?id=626417

heh, two years after registering, and at least 3-4 years lurking prior to that, i finally posted.

heh, two years after registering, and at least 3-4 years lurking prior to that, i finally posted.
    Congrats on your first post.

They're flying KK in for a conjugal visit with one of his former employees and girlllllfrends.

They were flying low over Belle Isle [[at the tree level) yesterday. A MSP chopper.

lilpup Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Autoracks View Post
    DEA doesn't need patient lists. Large grow houses are still illegal.

Right I was wondering why they were flying over Lafayette Park lastnite! I had my windows drapes open and they kept flashing it in my face while I was trying to sleep...had to close the drapes. smh...