Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Fake Eviction notices put out in Delray

Name:  Fake eviction.jpg
Views: 10598
Size:  17.0 KB

These fake eviction notices on bright yellow paper were placed on the homes of Delray residents today to try to intimidate them... Absolutely sick!

Some more context would be nice. Is there a history on this intimidation?

This report published online in Freep:
    http://www.freep.com/article/2011060...text|FRONTPAGE

Thank you Urbanoutdoors for letting us have this information first.

So low of whoever they are.

Opponents of 2nd Detroit bridge post fake eviction notices on resident's homes

PDF: 'Eviction notice' posted in southwest Detroit

Opponents of a new government bridge to Windsor were posting bogus eviction notices on homes in Detroit’s Delray district today as a tactic to pressure state lawmakers to vote against the project.

The tactic sparked outrage in southwest Detroit. State Rep. Rashida Tlaib, who represents the area in the state House, called the notices an act of desperation by the owners of the Ambassador Bridge, who are trying to kill the New International Trade Crossing project.

The notices bore a large “Eviction Notice” and said that the Michigan Department of Transportation could take their property for the new bridge.

“I was there in my office and one of my residents walked in and said, “What is this? My neighbor almost had a heart attack.’ There’s been chaos in the neighborhoods,” Tlaib said this afternoon.

A spokesman for the Detroit International Bridge Co., which owns the Ambassador Bridge, could not be reached for comment this afternoon.

The flyers said in smaller print that they were the work of Americans for Prosperity, a non-profit conservative group that is also running a series of controversial television ads against the NITC bridge project. The group has refused to say if its anti-NITC campaign is receiving funding from the Detroit International Bridge Co. as NITC supporters claim.

Steve Toth, who takes care of his elderly mother at her home at 645 S. Crawford, said there was a knock on their front door today and when he went to see who it was, he saw several individuals putting the notices on front doors through his neighborhood.

“My mother took one look at it. My mother has a bad heart. She damn near keeled over on me,” Toth said. “The guy down the street had his head in his hands. He was beside himself.”

Tlaib said the bridge company should denounce the flyers if it had nothing to do with them.

“The bridge company doesn’t care about people for them to do this,” Tlaib said. “They should be ashamed of themselves.”
    Contact John Gallagher: 313-222-5173 or gallagher99 @freepress.com.

http://www.freep.com/article/2011060...xt%7CFRONTPAGE

Yeah, change people's minds by running up to their house and scaring the shit out of them... I think this is the end for them ...

Indeed, low. And since the Freep articles have a short life span, I'll post the text here so the context is not lost in the future.
    Edit: Full text was here.
    Freep.

Edit:
    Seems "Urbanoutdoors" had the same thoughts as I had! Beat me by one minute.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; June-06-11 at 04:46 PM.

so tacky. No class

Just when you think the gutter can't get lower, Matty digs a trench. What. A. Fuckhead.

so all the homes in the delray area are safe?

Who could be so despicable and heartless to go around actually posting these notices? I guess they figured its a lot more low key than trying to frighten people with white hoods and robes

According to switchboard.com this looks like a nice place to list an eviction notice:

Matthew Maroun
    835 Lake Shore Rd
    Grosse Pointe, MI 48236

Default What happened to this thread???

Totally erased thread about the fake eviction notices.

This is the thread.

This was a local issue when the tread started but now Crooks and Liars picked it up.

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Whitehouse View Post
    Totally erased thread about the fake eviction notices.

This is the thread.

This was a local issue when the tread started but now Crooks and Liars picked it up.
    Manny's evil tendrils reach far and wide.

Seriously...

Lowell either locked and hid it [[presumably by mistake), or perhaps DY has been hacked?

Strange that it would be locked, and hidden. Such an outrageous issue.

I was able to follow the link to the cached article at approx 6:40 PM Eastern.

I vote not to get into bed with Maroun if he is going to condone the kind of behavior discussed in the mysteriously vanished thread.

Bring back the missing thread!

Sorry, this thread was accidentally parked in the in a no-view zone while I doing some maintenance. Trust me, this is the last thread I would zap.

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    According to switchboard.com this looks like a nice place to list an eviction notice:

Matthew Maroun
    835 Lake Shore Rd
    Grosse Pointe, MI 48236
    Love it.....

Here's a link to the Senate Bills for anyone that wants to check them out.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/[[S[[pit...aspx?page=home

I'm told that as I type this on Thursday morning, the bridge company is back in court over its failure to abide by the order to build what its agreement with MDOT called for. I keep waiting to see if the non-taxpaying gas station is being torn down, but it's still there. The company's president was briefly jailed over this a few months ago. Since there has been no action since he got sprung, I wonder how kindly the judge will be this time around. Stay tuned . . .

Billionaires get away with whatever they like. You and I would be in prison for years already had we done a fraction of what Manny has done. The whole bridge, approach and ramp which we paid millions and millions for through our taxes to benefit Manny's bridge, is sitting unused as we speak because Manny hasn't gotten his way - yet. But he will. In the end, HIS elected representatives will carry his rewards to him and return with their rewards - campaign donations, jobs, referrals, family perks and ........