Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Flavor Flav wants to build fast food spots in Detroit

Wow, just what we need here, more fast food places.

Default Flav

Such an astute businessman should be welcomed wit open arms. His track record of keeping his first restaurant open for more than 3 months is proof of his business acumen.

/sarcasm off

Also, what people fail to realize is that outsider owned restaurants EXTRACT money from communities.

Let him have Grand River and Greenfield area. He would not affect anything from his potentail failed business venture. But, he might fool everyone. He might just make as much a profit as Starters. When is Fatburgers going to open in midtown

Wow, a restaurant in Detroit run by Flavor Flav. Where can I overnight my investment dollars for this opportunity?

Another fast food restaurant eh?

Why don't he add a wig shop to his wish list too.

How can you go wrong with a couple guys named Salvator and Gino? I mean, sounds like a lock.

Quote Originally Posted by stasu1213 View Post
    Let him have Grand River and Greenfield area. He would not affect anything from his potentail failed business venture. But, he might fool everyone. He might just make as much a profit as Starters. When is Fatburgers going to open in midtown
    I don't think Fatburger is going to invest in the Detroit area anytime soon, since the one in Southfield failed and is now closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    I don't think Fatburger is going to invest in the Detroit area anytime soon, since the one in Southfield failed and is now closed.
    Their burgers are overrated, and then to add insult to injury they had terrible fries to tout. They weren't worth the $12 they cost.

Meanwhile Five Guys continues to expand throughout Metro Detroit.
    Last edited by 313WX; June-03-11 at 08:59 PM.

I have a reputable source who knows Fatburger's Studio One location on Woodward will finish build out this year and open thereafter.

He he heard dumb people get second chances here!

Ain't that the truth! Wasn't that Charlie Sheen's attitude when he honored us with his presence lately.
    Quote Originally Posted by One Shot View Post
    He he heard dumb people get second chances here!

Plus the one that was to open in Deaborn has now faded from view.

Wow! What happened to the one in Southfield? They have a huge lunch crush as there's still a concentration of businesses there that should have kept them afloat a bit. Oh well....
    Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Plus the one that was to open in Deaborn has now faded from view.

A former Public Enemy New Jack Swing has been with a giant clock on his belly wants to build a fast food restaurant in the ghettohoods of Detroit. Good luck with that!

Failed and closed because the food wasn't very good. The last couple of times I went there I decided Burger King was better - and that ain't saying much.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    Wow! What happened to the one in Southfield? They have a huge lunch crush as there's still a concentration of businesses there that should have kept them afloat a bit. Oh well....
    Well..... like the previous poster said, once they opened the "Five Guys" on 12 mile and Telegraph, Fatburger was doomed, although I loved their big steak fries and shakes. Not to mention the Wendys, Potbelly's and Star Deli in the area. People have a lot of choices
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; June-06-11 at 07:39 PM.

At least everyone will know what time it is....

I was going to say that I hoped his food was better than his act, but it appears that it's not.