Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: NBA Finals 2011

Default NBA Finals 2011

The Miami Heat may be a team of a mega superstars, but the Dallas Mavericks has the better team.

Dallas wins the NBA Finals in six games!

Fabulous come back from being 15 points down mid way through the 4th. Word is that Cris Bosch is still looking for his jock from that move Nowitzki made on him for the winning layup and his brain for not using the foul to give that Miami had.

I thought the Mavs were headed for the bottom of the West two years ago and would have to totally rebuild. They're a great story no matter who wins the series.

GUSHI Guest

I can't stand the king or wade, lets go mavs,

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    I can't stand the king or wade, lets go mavs,
    I would so love seeing the Heat get the shit kicked out of them by Dirk & Co...gawd I hate the Heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    I would so love seeing the Heat get the shit kicked out of them by Dirk & Co...gawd I hate the Heat.
    I'm still feeling nauseated from all the LeBron spectacle of when and he left Cleveland. And he obviously isn't man enough to want to lead a team to victory. Gawd forbid he wins with the Heat but if he does, it'll be because he rode on the coat tails of Bosh & Wade.

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    I'm still feeling nauseated from all the LeBron spectacle of when and he left Cleveland. And he obviously isn't man enough to want to lead a team to victory. Gawd forbid he wins with the Heat but if he does, it'll be because he rode on the coat tails of Bosh & Wade.
    For anyone to compare him to the likes of Michael, Bird, or Magic is insane. These men made their teams better and won championships. Magic, Bird, and Michael were not looking to pair up with another superstar to win a championship. They knew that it took an entire team with great role players to win an NBA ring.

Quote Originally Posted by HistoryNotHisStory View Post
    For anyone to compare him to the likes of Michael, Bird, or Magic is insane. These men made their teams better and won championships. Magic, Bird, and Michael were not looking to pair up with another superstar to win a championship. They knew that it took an entire team with great role players to win an NBA ring.
    LeBron's performance has been abysmal these finals which puts a little ray of sunshine in my day.

GUSHI Guest

ALL 3 DID HAVE TOP 50/ALL STARS on their team. Pippen, Mchale, Parrish, Worthy, Kareem, on those teams, I do agree that Comparing him to any 3 players you mentioned, makes no sense to me. The better comparsion woud b Dirk w/those 3 players you mentioned, They were all special players , Dirk is probally the best 7 footer to ever play the game, how many 7 footers can do what he can do.

Quote Originally Posted by GUSHI View Post
    ALL 3 DID HAVE TOP 50/ALL STARS on their team. Pippen, Mchale, Parrish, Worthy, Kareem, on those teams, I do agree that Comparing him to any 3 players you mentioned, makes no sense to me. The better comparsion woud b Dirk w/those 3 players you mentioned, They were all special players , Dirk is probally the best 7 footer to ever play the game, how many 7 footers can do what he can do.
    Dirk is great.

But the Best 7 footer to ever play the game was Sabonis [[USSR and Portland Trailblazers).

Freaking awesome win last night! One more game Dirk, one more game...

Let me be the first to say...Congrats Dirk & Mavericks and LeBron...hahahahahaha!!!!!! So satisfying to see LeBron get hosed.

From Twitter:

cavsdan Dan Gilbert

Congrats to Mark C.&entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all:There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE.

34 minutes ago

Quote Originally Posted by Red Devil View Post
    From Twitter:

cavsdan Dan Gilbert
    Congrats to Mark C.&entire Mavs org. Mavs NEVER stopped & now entire franchise gets rings. Old Lesson for all:There are NO SHORTCUTS. NONE.

34 minutes ago

Heh, nice.

Did you see Mo Williams' tweet? Anyway, here's the latest from LBJ:

"Absolutely not. Because at the end of the day, all the people that was rooting on me to fail, at the end of the day they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life that they had before they woke up today. They have the same personal problems they had today. I'm going to continue to live the way I want to live and continue to do the things that I want to do with me and my family and be happy with that.
    They can get a few days or a few months or whatever the case may be on being happy about not only myself, but the Miami Heat not accomplishing their goal, but they have to get back to the real world at some point. "

What a complete tool.

As I predicted when I started this thread. Dallas in 6 games.

Congrats to the Dallas Mavericks.

Miami needs a Coach. I am not a Miami Heat fan, but that was the worst coaching I have ever seen in the NBA finals. Man did they ever hear of stopping the clock with fouling.

New Coach time!

The Miami Heat may be a team of a mega superstars, but the Dallas Mavericks has the better team.

Dallas wins the NBA Finals in six games!
    Nice prediction

As I predicted when I started this thread. Dallas in 6 games.

Congrats to the Dallas Mavericks.

Miami needs a Coach. I am not a Miami Heat fan, but that was the worst coaching I have ever seen in the NBA finals. Man did they ever hear of stopping the clock with fouling.

New Coach time!
    It will be interesting to see if Spoelstra lasts till next season. However who could the coach be? There arent a ton of guys out there that are really able to take on the task of coaching the Heat. But they had better get their next act together quickly, between a new CBA and the rising young Bulls and Thunder, the Heat's window of opportunity might be smaller than they think.