Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Any AMC Guys or Gals out there?

I have a friend that has a 69 Ambassador DLS ? 2 door with 45k miles on it
    it has been sitting up covered sense 1975,motor is out because of water leakage locking the pistons but it is a original 2 owner Fla car with lite surface rust showing through the top of the original paint in spots,two tone white roof and green body no accidents original interior.

I like it because it kinda looks like the monty carlo ,but he is sick permanently and I really do not feel like rebuilding the motor for him nor do I have the time and I am more into the GTOs anyways.

Does anybody have any idea what they are worth ?

nice body, no motor, maybe $1000 tops for an Ambo. If you can come up with an AMC 390 motor to put in it then you could expect between $4500 to 6k and more if the car is super clean and runs well.

The local AMC club has their show and Swap meet every August. If you wanted to put it on a trailer and bring it in that would be the best way to sell it quick.

Thanks for the input CS it is clean enough I think maybe it may be worth rebuilding the orig. engine keeping matching numbers. I looked at a 390 the other day and they wanted $500 and it needed rebuilding they are hard to come by.

Both engines, the original one and the 390 need a rebuild. I would go with the 390. Numbers matching doesn't matter for a car like this. You and the owner would see the best return on it with an AMC 390 in the car.