Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Story about Detroit on InvestorUprising.com

I wanted to share something I wrote about Detroit for Investor Uprising where I'm the community editor. Please feel free to share your comments with me! Here's the link:
    http://www.investoruprising.com/auth...doc_id=207019&

Welcome to DetroitYES! Noreen.
    First day on the site and you have a post already, great!

I must admit, I am not impressed with the article.
    I did not find any information there to help me decide whether one should or should not invest in Detroit.

The only potential investor information concerned Detroit's attitude and culture. Your article however, failed to communicate Detroit's attitude [[supposedly singular). Elsewhere Detroit's culture is referred to as a 'culture of corruption', 'an entitlement attitude', and 'union mindset'. I do not believe Detroit's attitude is best described in those terms, but I hardly accept Zazzle.com as either a mouthpiece or an articulate expert on Detroit's culture and attitude. Your article, citing a Zazzle.com t-shirt, states, "You have to love a place bold enough to boast that it's "where the weak are killed and eaten." " Pop culture can sometimes capture the essence with just a few words, again from a Zazzle.com t-shirt, "France sucks but Paris blows." The t-shirts capture something but not the essence of France or Detroit.

With Detroit's attitude being the central focus of the article, one might expect connections to be drawn to its social, political, and economic issues and problems. You briefly touch on the automotive bail out but fail to show the impact of attitude on the American automotive industry's rebound. For example, is running three shifts at the GM factory only now an option because of new culture of cooperation between workers and management?

Three years in Detroit and you can't recount one specific experience?

Hello

The title is a bit misleading now if you would like to write an article about investing in Detroit I can give you first hand experience about a $50 million dollar investment that would have provided 7500 plus jobs within a year for the city of Detroit that was stopped dead in its tracks by some of the exact things majohnson was talking about.