Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Good local source for bumper chrome plating?

Gotta get the Dodge ready for crusie season. I had heard there was an outfit in Wayne that can rechrome bumpers but no mention of them in the standard inernet search or on the usual publications like Hemmings or Cruise News.

GUSHI Guest

I think Keystone does it, i'm pretty sure they use to atleast. Located in Detroit, not sure on the number, but try googling it.

GUSHI Guest

or Micro platers

The one over in Wayne, Is Hajar spelling might be off. Located on Van Born Rd
    West of Wayne Rd ,on the north side of Van Born.
    Hope this helps.

Micro/Hajjar plating is decent.
    If you want showcar mirror chrome and aren't in a hurry try B&L Plating @ 8.5 and Groesbeck. [[behind Shridans Auto Parts) VERY expensive though.

Thanks for the great sources guys! I called them and got some pricing and lead times.

I second B & L Plating just over the line from Detroit to Warren. They do custom plating on auto and boat parts. Lots of restoration work. They run a fine shop: 586-788-9300

B&L Plating is very good, they are doing my 68 Caprice bumpers now, reminds me I need to call them, they should be done already!

Chrome really makes the car, bad chrome can ruin the look of a car.

Good to know when I get to that stage.