Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Default Surrendered; The Rise, Fall & Revelation of Kwame Kilpatrick

Smells like the typical stinky Kilpatrick Get Rich or Die Tryin' schemes that he and his family stunk up city hall with. It's way too early for redemption.

The Rise, Fall, and ... Revelation?

"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Never more applicable than for anyone actually considering buying this.

The fall may not be over. Federal trial yet to come.

Does Michigan have a law where proceeds of books et. al. based on criminal activity may be confiscated for repayment of incarceration and court expenses?

A lot of times books like this are sold at churches in Detroit - to a faith-based audience, so-to-speak. I'd be interested in which churches/which pastors enlist to help the KK family promote thier self-serving lies to their congregations at a nice price.

i'm curious regarding journalist/musician Khary Kimani Turner's interviews with Kilpatrick, hopefully he'll do some press for this.. since, likely, kilpatrick himself won't be.. Also at a local gas station I saw a poster/ad for "Don Diva" Magazine [[crime culture, mainly urban/minority personalities) is supposed to feature an extended Kilpatrick interview.. [[the image on the poster was of Kilpatrick, in an undated photo, in an all-white suit and hat)

What I know about KING KWAME:

1. He was a hustler!

2. He was a pimp!

3. He was a thug!

4 He was a [[ Godfather) for his black mafia who ran Detroit city services!

5. The threw parties!

Kwame Kilpatrick was NOT a mayor to the people of Detroit, but a mayor of self love, greed and power.

was he granted parole?

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Does Michigan have a law where proceeds of books et. al. based on criminal activity may be confiscated for repayment of incarceration and court expenses?
    I can't vouch for the validity of this, but someone posted this on freep.com:

Sec. 18. [[1) A person convicted of a crime shall not derive any profit from the sale of his or her recollections, thoughts, and feelings with regard to the offense committed by that person until the victim[[s) receives any restitution or compensation ordered for him or her against the defendant and expenses of incarceration are recovered as provided in subsection [[3) and until the escrow account created under subsection [[2) is terminated under subsection [[4).

Quote Originally Posted by Autoracks View Post
    was he granted parole?
    It's still under review:

The Michigan Parole Board feels a bit uneasy about releasing former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick from prison, given the federal criminal charges he's facing, state corrections officials said Friday [May 20].

"The part that makes them a little uneasy is they're paroling someone that's facing multiple felony charges. It's typically something we don't do," said Michigan Department of Corrections spokesman Russ Marlan.

According to Marlan, the parole board wants more information about Kilpatrick's pending federal criminal case before it decides whether to release him. The request could delay a decision for 30 to 60 days, he said.
    http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a...=2011105210365

WILLIAM VAN REGENMORTER CRIME VICTIM'S RIGHTS ACT [[EXCERPT)
    Act 87 of 1985

780.768 Sale of recollections of thoughts and feelings of convicted person; proceeds to be held in escrow; disposition of proceeds.Sec. 18.
    [[1) A person convicted of a crime shall not derive any profit from the sale of any of the following until the victim receives any restitution or compensation ordered for him or her against the defendant, expenses of incarceration are paid under subsection [[3), and any balance in the escrow account created under subsection [[2) is paid under subsection [[4):
    [[a) The person's recollections of or thoughts or feelings about the offense committed by the person.
    [[b) Memorabilia related to the offense committed by the person.
    [[c) The person's property if its value has been enhanced or increased by the person's notoriety.
    [[2) Upon the conviction of a defendant for a crime involving a victim, and after notice to all interested parties, an attorney for the county in which the conviction occurred or the attorney general may petition the court in which the conviction occurred to order that the defendant forfeit all or any part of proceeds received or to be received by the defendant or the defendant's representatives or assignees from any of the following:
    [[a) Contracts relating to the depiction of the crime or the defendant's recollections, thoughts, or feelings about the crime, in books, magazines, media entertainment, or live entertainment.
    [[b) The sale of memorabilia relating to the crime.
    [[c) The sale of property of the defendant, the value of which has been enhanced or increased by the defendant's notoriety arising from the crime.
    [[3) Proceeds ordered forfeited under subsection [[2) shall be held in an escrow account for a period of not more than 5 years.
    [[4) During the existence of an escrow account created under subsection [[3), proceeds in the account shall be distributed in the following priority to satisfy the following:
    [[a) An order of restitution entered under section 16.
    [[b) Any civil judgment in favor of the victim against the defendant.
    [[c) Any reimbursement ordered under the prisoner reimbursement to the county act, 1984 PA 118, MCL 801.81 to 801.93, or the state correctional facility reimbursement act, 1935 PA 253, MCL 800.401 to 800.406.
    [[d) Fines, costs, and other assessments ordered against the defendant.
    [[5) A balance remaining in an escrow account created under subsection [[3) at the end of the escrow period shall be paid to the crime victim's rights fund created in section 4 of 1989 PA 196, MCL 780.904.

Maybe if a felon owing restitution writes a book with another person, that person or co-author can keep the full author's payment under an agreement with the publisher and then maybe later, the celebrity author can recover some of the money that the co-author rec'd as per an agreement. Just wondering how this could work. obviously, the co-author -a free-lancer who often writes for the Metro Times - would get paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I heard on the radio that Kim Worthy said she was going to after every last penny he made off this book to have it applied to his restitution. So it sounds like she's all over it.

LOL! Man... my first reaction was this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ptitles0gzw9wy

Anyway. I'll just bow out and lurk... I plead the fifth on KMK threads!

At $26 per book, considering a 50% prodit on each book. Kwame only needs to sell about 80,000 books to pay off the city to keep Kim Worthy off his ass and to keep himself out of jail.

In my opinion, thats what this book is all about, as he knows the gravy train is over with Kamanos.

Personanally, I refuse to buy any book that has a benifit to Kwame Kilpatrick. If I want to read it that bad, I'll wait for someone to copy the book and put a free bootleg copy out on the internet and read it for Free

What other men in KK's position have written tell-alls that deliberately drag the mistress thru the mud again, this time for the money. KK is so low.

bartock Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    At $26 per book, considering a 50% prodit on each book. Kwame only needs to sell about 80,000 books to pay off the city to keep Kim Worthy off his ass and to keep himself out of jail.

In my opinion, thats what this book is all about, as he knows the gravy train is over with Kamanos.

Personanally, I refuse to buy any book that has a benifit to Kwame Kilpatrick. If I want to read it that bad, I'll wait for someone to copy the book and put a free bootleg copy out on the internet and read it for Free
    Agreed! ---- - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by CLAUDE G View Post
    I doubt that the book will sell at $26 per copy, and I *highly* doubt he's making 50% profit, especially with a co-author. I'm guessing he'd make a buck or two a copy, tops, and that's assuming he didn't sign a "dummy contract" where the cost of publishing and marketing comes out of the author's profit.

Folks thinking about making a deposit would be advised to wait and see if Michigan law allows the prosecutor to capture these book revenues for Mr. Kilpatrick's restitution. If so, the book is unlikely to get printed, and then what are the chances that folks will get their deposit back? After all, those mystery bank accounts established in Mrs. Kilpatrick's name alone are probably running low these days, and her rent and the boys' tuition bills need to get paid, right?

When King Kwame comes out of Prison either by serving 1.5 years or get parolled, When he gets a job he STILL had to pay that resistution which it's 1 million dollars. He can't leave Wayne County or the State of Michigan without court permission. So far Kwame have paid over $70,000 out of 1 million dollars. When Kwane finds work whether its from Quicken Loans to McDonald's, he had to pay whatever from any arrangements to 1 million dollars.

Next, King Kwame will have to go to trial is coming soon. If found guilty of 19 counts of fraud and embezzlement from Detroit city tax dollars and his charitible organization, he will be spending up to 20 years in federal prison.

There is NO PLEA DEALS this time! But he may get parolled after serving about 15 years and still pay its restitution while under house arrest.

King Kwame is a 15 years old young man trapped in a 35 year old body, pimping, women,flashing money and loves to party. His successful life in practing law and poiltics is over. He's going back to his plain struggle life like his family did before they became successful. It's time for him to start all over ROCK BOTTOM!

WORD FROM THE STREET PROPHET!

Do what you want for please evil! You will get caught by leaving your crumbs.

Neda, I miss you so.
    Last edited by Danny; June-02-11 at 10:07 AM.

Michigan has the Son of Sam law that does not allow persons convicted of a crime to profit from that crime in the form of payment for a book, movie, etc. Kwame won't be able to make a penny off this book until his restitution is pad. I think it mentioned that in the article.

This joker really has no shame. I actually heard the news interview some people who said they plan to buy the book because "the man deserves to have his side told".

I won't be contributing the the "pay Kwame's restitution" fund. He's been a proven liar, why should any info in the book be believed?

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    This joker really has no shame. I actually heard the news interview some people who said they plan to buy the book because "the man deserves to have his side told".
    Same people who voted for this dirtball and would again. We all need to hear the side of a criminal and pathelogical liar. The only revelation this guy has is to not get caught the next time like he did the last time. There are people who change their ways and learn, he ain't one of them. When the Feds get through with him the title will read: The rise, fall, revelation, and into the abyss for good.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast