Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: Tressel's Gone!

Default Tressel's Gone!

The sanctimonious Tressel has resigned. After all is said and done, Tressel is a hypocrite and a cheater. He [[and OSU) billed him as a spiritual man of integrity and honor. He didn't even own up to his own violations, saying he was resigning because the investigations were a distraction to OSU. This brings his record into the spotlight. As much as I hate Michigan facing a lesser coach, Tressel's cheating brings his record and the results of the rivalry into question. I'd also like to ask Justin Boren, face to face, how he feels now about leaving Michigan due to Rod's lack of 'family atmosphere' and playing at OSU. Some family atmosphere they had going on down there in the SnakePit. As it turns out, Tressel was being investigated at Youngstown when he was hired at OSU.

OSU has probably been cheating since Woody Hayes lol

There is cheating in football!? omg smh wtf bfd aok

Always kills me when people talk about enjoying the college game because of the "innocense" and kids playing for the love of the game. Coaches make 5 million a year, shoe companies pay millions to schools and the "students" are supposed to be careful who lends them 5 bucks for a cheeseburger.

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    There is cheating in football!? omg smh wtf bfd aok
    Facetiously hilarious. And true.

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Always kills me when people talk about enjoying the college game because of the "innocense" and kids playing for the love of the game. Coaches make 5 million a year, shoe companies pay millions to schools and the "students" are supposed to be careful who lends them 5 bucks for a cheeseburger.
    All good points. And as much as I enjoy college sports, mostly the lesser sports - softball, baseball, tennis, hockey, soccer, lacrosse, rowing, etc, you are correct. I stopped attending UoM football on a regular basis with the surrender of my season tickets about 15 years ago. It was getting way out of hand even then.

You'd think that a guy of Tressel's moral certitude would just shut up and say, at the very least, I'm not commenting on any of this. He did, after all, break rules and put his team, his university and himself in the limelight over wrongdoing. And, he is a Christian. He speaks at churches, youth rallies and religious gatherings, thereby setting himself up as a spokeperson and model. Instead, he has yet to say, "I'm sorry for what I've done, for the wrong and the hurt, and for betraying my morals and principles. I will comment no further as this is between me and my creator". I think it's just too difficult for most people, especially of strong religious beliefs, to admit that they did exactly what they've preached against. This is a great example of why ones religion should be kept private. Most religious people in our society tend to use their religion to hammer others for their lack thereof. Until this kind of stuff happens and they refuse to eat their own words.

YAY! Now the OSU poweful offense and defense is long gone come this season.

Duh, Pryor received thousands and thousands for autographs and numerous autos while playing at OSU. Whodda thunk? We should give Rod a major award for wiffing on Pryor's recruitment.

Damn. Why couldn't this happen right after Rich Rod got dumped. UM could use a winning coach.

I am a long admirer of Jim Tressel even if he humiliated my beloved Wolverines. He did his job quietly and efficiently and in the end he didn't get axed doing something, but for NOT doing something. There has to be a ton of teams college calling him right now. From Youngstown on this guy is a big time winner.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    Damn. Why couldn't this happen right after Rich Rod got dumped. UM could use a winning coach.

I am a long admirer of Jim Tressel even if he humiliated my beloved Wolverines. He did his job quietly and efficiently and in the end he didn't get axed doing something, but for NOT doing something. There has to be a ton of teams college calling him right now. From Youngstown on this guy is a big time winner.
    For NOT being honest. Not doing something is often as bad as doing something. From Youngstown on he was being investigated. Tressel's not a big time winner, he's a big time cheater. You are correct about one thing - I'm sure there are schools calling him right now. They could care less about his honesty record and care only about his winning record.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    I am a long admirer of Jim Tressel even if he humiliated my beloved Wolverines. He did his job quietly and efficiently and in the end he didn't get axed doing something, but for NOT doing something.
    But if he had to cheat and recruit top notch talent, is he really doing his job efficiently then? I guess if you just want victories at any and all costs then I guess you could say he was effective. Given a level playing field, could he really have done as well as some other coaches? There were rumors of him cheating at Youngstown too.

So regardless of how he did it, I'm glad he's away from the college game. I have no love for the OSU football team either but if it means anything to the Wolverine faithful, he had to beat you with an illegal team. It wouldn't surprise me if the NCAA is going to come down on Ohio State the way they came down on USC. I don't foresee a kiss of death like what happened at SMU in 1987-88 but darn near.