Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Even More Jobs moving downtown.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...uble-workforce

It may only be 5-10 jobs. But still jobs nonetheless.

I think 5-10 person businesses are the meat and potatoes of the workforce, and they're also the companies that will grow and eventually become bigger companies.

I think it's a good deal for small companies to move downtown, especially the ones who unlike this one don't have a lot of financial support or connections. If you can move downtown, and get a few news paper articles about it, and put a few banners around, all of a sudden your company has a profile, and some clients will learn about it, instead of the company just swimming along in the sea of competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason View Post
    I think 5-10 person businesses are the meat and potatoes of the workforce, and they're also the companies that will grow and eventually become bigger companies.

I think it's a good deal for small companies to move downtown, especially the ones who unlike this one don't have a lot of financial support or connections. If you can move downtown, and get a few news paper articles about it, and put a few banners around, all of a sudden your company has a profile, and some clients will learn about it, instead of the company just swimming along in the sea of competition.
    I agree. It is the smaller businesses that will bring this city back such as the small businesses had made most neighborhoods in Detroit as well as downtown a destination

Adding jobs is the key here. Moving jobs from Livonia is nothing more than musical buildings on a grander scale. The important thing is that these will be new jobs to the region and a diversification from our normal auto manufacturing businesses.

What? Don't they understand that the suburbs are where it's at? That downtown has never been a traditional center of anything? That the high-rises and parking lots of Troy need that business more? Aw, what's happening? Has everybody gone mad?

We can thank Dan Gilbert for his investment ventures in Downtown Detroit.