Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Rest in peace, Gil Scott-Heron.

Godfather of Rap! Even Eminem recognized that.

Composer of,among others, this gem.

Seems nothing changed. The defense budget keeps rising and little people suffer. This man saw it all in the seventies and wrote Whities on the moon.
    Last edited by Whitehouse; May-28-11 at 12:19 PM.

GSH was certainly a prophet. He also sang, facetiously, that 'The Revolution Will Not Be Televised', knowing full well that it might some day indeed be broadcast to those 'Whities on the moon'. GSH was a very powerful and personal performer.

GSH was my guy, I loved watching him perform may he forever RIP

R.I.P. Please enjoy one of my favorite GSH songs: "I think I'll Call it Morning"

<iframe width="560" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e1dvUVTwnJk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Last edited by MidTownMs; May-28-11 at 01:55 PM.

I got to be a satisfied participant at a Gil Scot Heron performance back in
    the day@Cobo. He was special guest to Stevie Wonder. Great show!!!!
    All the local dignitaries were brought out onto the stage, including Tommy Hearns,
    in this White Fur trench coat, and a few more, who I forget now...but a few more.
    T. Hearns was in his prime and the crowd went nuts. GSH was right on, and although
    I am a whitey, I was still diggin' on those vibes he was creating.
    Stevie was fabulous of course.
    R.I.P. Mr. Heron. You were one of the profound ones indeed. I learned from you sir.

thanks for the memories whitehouse! Mr Scot-Heron -- an inspiration for us all.

I saw GSH at Chene Park many, many years ago, what a pleasure that was. In addition to his singing/songwriting skills, what struck me at that show was his sense of humor. Between songs he did these little comedy routines that had the audience roaring with laughter. Great stuff. He'll be missed!

"The revolution will not go better with Coke."

R.I.P...GSH...As stated above truly One of a Kind...Peace...Whaler