Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Bike parking at Comerica

We are riding to tonights game, and in the past we have locked our bikes to the gate of the parking garage. Does comerica provide Bike parking anywhere?
    I don't see many bike racks downtown.

Thanks!

I usually lock up on the fence of the parking lot just to the north of Comerica. By the way, there are bike racks on Woodward, about every other block, thanks to Sue Mosey and the UCCA [[Midtown folks).

I lock up at that same place, the parking lot north of the stadium, on the NW corner of Montcalm and John R. There is a parking attendant sitting in a booth which is an added safety benefit. I usually take it in the parking lot the lock up from the inside and never had any problems. As far as I know there are no bike racks around Comerica Park.

we asked about racks last year and they weren't to interested. You can park in that lot on Montcalm, most everyone parks there. Also if you're in the upper deck you can park on Adams and watch your bike.

Fidel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mbr View Post
    I lock up at that same place, the parking lot north of the stadium, on the NW corner of Montcalm and John R. There is a parking attendant sitting in a booth which is an added safety benefit. I usually take it in the parking lot the lock up from the inside and never had any problems. As far as I know there are no bike racks around Comerica Park.
    Are you paying for parking your bike then, or does the guard let you slip into the lot?

We parked our bikes on the inside of the gate of the parking lot mentioned above. The guard was nice. Great game last night and a good number of bikes parked by ours, yay Detroit!

The San Francisco Giants have a bike valet, which would be ideal at Comerica Park.
    http://www.sfbike.org/?giants

Fidel Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Todd_Scott View Post
    The San Francisco Giants have a bike valet, which would be ideal at Comerica Park.
    http://www.sfbike.org/?giants
    Great Post. Man, the city of SF has it together. I just sent it along to the Tiger org. Sure do wish the Tigers would do somthing like this. Here's the contact information just in case anyone wants to pass the word along to them; https://secure.mlb.com/help/email.js...tigers.mlb.com

I just sent the email. Good idea. I will pass this along to our friends.

I plan on discussing this idea with the city soon. There is a potential funding source that might be able to build the bike valet infrastructure, if the Tigers operated it.