Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Default Inspector America: Abandoned Detroit Watch Online

Thanks, I was looking for that the day after it aired, but it wasnt available yet.

HIs piece with all the street-light access covers missing showed his complete ignorance of the area, as he probably has no idea how scrappers have their own thriving industry in this town with any kind of metal. On the other hand, his bit about not being granted access to the water department also showed his ignorance, but kudos for at least trying on that one.

after watching that i wished he was shanked before he left, what a sensationalistic pile of crap.....

I don't believe it, they actually start out this show showing the Flag at Tiger Stadium. Amazing

Detroit: A mouth full of broken teeth. Nice

I was surprised the Lost Detroit fellow did not name the Lee Plaza by name or say that the holes in the Lee Plaza were the result of ornamental pieces of the building being stolen only to be found installed in posh Chicago new construction.
    The nice Kim James lady from the city gubmint department made a nice point about the cities plan to ambitious plan to demolish 10,000 structures and how "they" view "all this space as an opportunity and not a burden". Thanks Adamo Construction ?
    The host schmuck/announcer clown is in good company with clowncil president Charles "cant pay my bills and hit n' runnin with my vic" Pugh

I just finished watching it, and they made some good points with the missing covers on light poles and some of the bridges. But you really can't blame the city on the missing covers, because as fast as they are replaced, scrappers are stealing them.

What the city needs to do is get with an industrial plastics company, and get covers the covers made from a strong rigid Plastic which would stop the thefts completely. Im not talking the cheap plastic covers they have now that covers the base, as the plastic is not thick enough and cracks in the winter.

The only thing he was wrong on was the fire last September. It was 80 or so structures around the entire city, not just the area he did his story at which I think they lost 8-10 homes.

"Detroit needs to replace all of its aging watermain!"

Thank you for that suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by skyl4rk View Post

That's Captain Obvious to you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NARzr...eature=related

I've actually watch the entire season of this show. And while the idea behind it is a good one, and there were some really interesting projects that had light shed on them most people never knew existed, the toolbox hosting the show is an idiot. I can't stand him. The one thing that kept popping out in most of the episodes was the fact that to get the nations infrastructure up to par, it was going to take an investment of $3 trillion dollars. Everything in this country is falling apart, but nobody wants to foot the bill to fix it. High speed trains? How about sewers that work and bridges that aren't falling apart.

Quote Originally Posted by skyl4rk View Post

yeah, according to him, its too bad that when it was originally built, it wasn't built to last.... we only got 100 years out of some of the water mains... what crap......

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post

I think you'll like this superhero even more. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_oanuhMibU

Quote Originally Posted by downtown_racine View Post
    Detroit: A mouth full of broken teeth. Nice

I was surprised the Lost Detroit fellow did not name the Lee Plaza by name or say that the holes in the Lee Plaza were the result of ornamental pieces of the building being stolen only to be found installed in posh Chicago new construction.
    Ahh, but I did. I was with them from 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., but they used only 45 seconds of the day. I would not do it over if given the chance. They told me they wanted to talk about potential reuse of such buildings and the architectural history. They chose those two and focused more on water lines and light pole covers. What are ya gonna do?