Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default Best radio station in the d

I'd say 97.1 THE TICKET... Love the morning show with Jay and Bill.

Whats yours?

91.7 and 97.1.

Lately more 97.1 because I can only take so much bad news.

I usually listen to CBC Radio 2, 89.9 out of Windsor.

I can't say that I have one. 89X used to be but they are playing too much trendy rock as to where they used to play all kinds of alternative rock, things you didn't always hear all the time. I like WRIF but they need to realize that it's almost 2010. Play some better newer rock and metal and cut back on the hair rock. 97.1, I listen but how much sports can you possible take. I like their format better when they were LIVE97.1

Quote Originally Posted by jerrytimes View Post
    I can't say that I have one. 89X used to be but they are playing too much trendy rock as to where they used to play all kinds of alternative rock, things you didn't always hear all the time. I like WRIF but they need to realize that it's almost 2010. Play some better newer rock and metal and cut back on the hair rock. 97.1, I listen but how much sports can you possible take. I like their format better when they were LIVE97.1
    I agree 100% LOVED the old 97.1 better. am1270 was good by it self for sports.

I look forward to the day when people stop calling Detroit "the D."

I like WRIF, WCSX and NPR. I listen to Mike in the Morning, and I listen to NPR most other times, unless I want music, then I listen to WCSX. I know I sound like I'm 60, but I'm actually 29, I swear!

93.9 The River plays a pretty good selection of new and retro alternative. They sometimes overplay some of the new stuff, but as far as I can tell, its the only station to play more obscure music, like Dead Can Dance, XTC, early REM and the like.

For all my news, its NPR, which, since I'm in Indiana all week long for work, I can pick up everywhere.

I also spend way too much time listening to 97.1 The Ticket for all the sports talk I can take. I do get tired of Jay & Bill [[on Monday mornings, as I leave town), because they are basically a couple slappies who sound as if they belong on local newscasts, and besides, Bill whines too much.
    Last edited by Detroitej72; May-20-09 at 07:47 PM.

97.1 is great, if only for the presence of Mike Valenti. he more than makes up for the suckage that are Jay and Bill. if i ever find them entertaining, shoot me...

Boom Bah Yea

There is no best radio station in Detroit.

I miss the old WDET. I meant the really old WDET of Kofi Natambu, Brother Leonard King, Fred Zelinka with Gone but Not Forgotten, and, of course, Famous Coachman.

Oh, and I still miss Mojo.

Tiiiiiiger Daaaaaan

Last saw Tiger Dan around 1987 or so. He was in a bad way. Good radio memories of him though.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    93.9 The River plays a pretty good selection of new and retro alternative. They sometimes overplay some of the new stuff, but as far as I can tell, its the only station to play more obscure music, like Dead Can Dance, XTC, early REM and the like.
    I like their newer format too, so I've been listening to them lately. I still like 89.3 WHFR too. I've been listening to them since I was in college.

blksoul_x Guest

Now that WCHB 1200 AM has switched back to Black talk radio all day, [[instead of the sudden switch to an all gospel music format__go figure!)__ I'd say, I'm back on the bandwagon with WCHB, as the BEST in the City, providing our voiceless village a voice! All we need now is to bring back Michael Eric Dyson!

Second, I'd say 107.5 WGPR with Mason in the Morning, and Karen Dumas speaking the truth on Sunday evenings.

Let the Truth be heard!

SAVE BLACK RADIO!

blksoul_atcha!
    The BJL, the color you love to hate!

I didn't know wchb had changed the format. I haven't listened in quite sometime, so that's not a surprise. Thanks for the update.

Quote Originally Posted by blksoul_x View Post
    Now that WCHB 1200 AM has I'd say 107.5 WGPR with Mason in the Morning,
    Agreed. I also like 105.9 WDMK and occasionally 92.3 WMXD for the music selections.

CJAM 91.5 University of Windsor. Campus Based Community Radio.

Detroit needs pirate radio.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtragedy View Post
    CJAM 91.5 University of Windsor. Campus Based Community Radio.

Detroit needs pirate radio.
    Hey Hamtrage, have you listened to the new "Hamtramck Radio"?

I read about it this weekend, its a low watt on the AM dial, but I forget which station. Its supposed to focus on local Detroit music and call be heard throughout most of Hamtown.

Wow, we finally found the person who listens to 93.9! I knew it had to be somebody!

The days of the Electrifying Mojo are LONG gone, unfortunately. Too bad he doesn't launch an internet station.

And, as an honorable mention, Martha Jean "the Queen," rest in peace... I betcha!

Default Best Station

Several years ago, I would have said WDET but it has just destroyed itself, When I look at the cds given when you made a donation with live performances in the Studio, there was nothing like it. I only wish we could return to those great formats

21. Default

W
    D
    E
    T

Period.

[for me]

I usually listen to WDET, but I like 97.1 in the morning, 89X for Flashback Sundays, and flip between 94.7, 101.1, and CJAM sometimes, too. I love to fall asleep to 580 Memories

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitej72 View Post
    Hey Hamtrage, have you listened to the new "Hamtramck Radio"?

I read about it this weekend, its a low watt on the AM dial, but I forget which station. Its supposed to focus on local Detroit music and call be heard throughout most of Hamtown.
    AM1610

http://station.hamtramckstar.com/

97.1 for everybody BUT Jay & Bill. I will say that it has been interesting watching their transition from a couple of cool, hip and funny guys to the conservative windbags that they are becoming. And I did not say that to insult conservatives...only the windbags.

Famous Coachman...Mojo.
    Ah yes the Coachman. would that be the Electrifying Mojo or the other Mojo guy?

otherwise my choice for radio in detroit or 'the D' or whatever...

Sirius 22...

SAVE BLACK RADIO!
    as for me, would it make me a RACIST if i said i want to listen to WHITE radio?

providing our voiceless village a voice!
    do WHAT? youve got 85% of the population, how can you be voiceless?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast