Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default DetYES meeting in Las Vegas

Well, a small meeting, anyway.

I learned that Gazhekwe was going to be in Las Vegas this week as her hubby was attending a seminar, so we made arrangements to meet for a drink or two.

So Friday night, Ray1936 and Mrs. Ray 1936 met Gazhekwe and Mr. Gazhekwe at a pub on Paradise Avenue, not far from the strip, and we had a totally enjoyable couple of hours, shooting the breeze and talking of things, both here and there. Just a foursome of old Detroiters sharing warm memories.

Lowell, Kathleen, Gannon, and some others were spoken of warmly during the course of conversation. And, Kathleen, Ray1936 will be in Detroit at the end of August, and mayhaps a full scale DetroitYES brewfest can be set up. I'll be firming up dates in the months ahead.

Dang, it was a fun evening.

We loved meeting you both. It is so much fun to connect up and find out what's going on in other parts of the country, from a Detroit perspective. It was fun talking of cats and housing markets and exploring in the back country, history and genealogic explorations. I am sure we were not close to running out of conversational fodder.

We discussed the south route - I-40 vs the north route - I-15 to I-70. I have all the reservations for the north route right now, but checked on NOAA road conditions and found the Colorado section has a lot of snow covered slippery roads through the passes today. Good skiing up in Vail for sure! Rethinking, we'll see what Gazhekinini has to say about that.

Heading down your way to visit Hoover Dam this afternoon.

I saw you wave as you went by!

Yes, a full scale reunion has to happen!! See you soon Ray36!

Stromberg2

Sounds like a wolf pack, wish I could have been there.

Quote Originally Posted by stromberg2 View Post
    Yes, a full scale reunion has to happen!! See you soon Ray36!

Stromberg2
    Stom, I'll keep Kathleen on the loop on my dates and will keep all posted. I'm looking at sometimes in the last two weeks of August just right now, although early September is a posibility also. Little cooler weather on a cross-country trip is always welcomed.

Brewfest is probably the 3rd most beautiful word in the english language

I'd make it the second, canuck, right behind #1, Love.

We made it through Vail Pass in a pouring rain. Thank goodness, no snow! Looking at the weather map, looks like I-40 and I-44 are catching heck, and I-80 should be clear tomorrow. Whew, guess it was worth it to risk a little snow.

Ray,

As soon as your trip is set, and you know when you'll be in Detroit, let me know and we'll set up a Forum Meetup!!

Kathleen

You're in the loop, Kathleen! Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    Brewfest is probably the 3rd most beautiful word in the english language
    I absolutely love brewfest!

Which pub, on Paradise? I suspect I might have been there, at one time or another.
    One does not have to look far, in Las Vegas, for a current or former Detroiter. I remember one night, twenty years ago, at one of the bars at Imperial Palace: On my left was a couple from Mt Clemens, on the right, a Detroiter. Our server overheard, and said she, too, was from Detroit.
    Conversation went on for hours. I had too many of those free shrimp cocktails that IP used to serve.

Quote Originally Posted by steveosiris View Post
    I absolutely love brewfest!
    I ended up staying at the Flamingo Las Vegas, and it was wonderful.