Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Thread: "Ernie"

Default "Ernie"

My wife and I just spent a GREAT weekend downtown and no we didn't go to Hoedown. We primarily came to see the play "Ernie" at City Theatre on Sunday. In a word, incredible! At the end I don't think there was a dry eye in the packed house. The actor who plays Ernie [[can't recall his name) nails Ernie's voice, mannerisms, and appearance. The play is only an 1 1/2 with no intermission and really flys by. Also when you buy tickets to "Ernie" you get a coupon for $5 off tickets for the Tigers so we went to last Friday nights game and fireworks.

Other weekend highlights:
    Great time at Angelina's after the game for pizza, salad, wine.
    Saturday night at Fishbone's.
    Watched baseball at Hockeytown Sunday before the play.
    Cracked our window open at the Courtyard and heard music all weekend without having to brave the crowd.

Also, EVERY service person we interacted with at the Courtyard, Fishbones, etc. was very friendly and welcoming. Just wanted to post a positive comment about "The D".

Go see "Ernie".

Thanks for that, Trumpeteer! It's nice to hear positive comments!!

Ernie was spectacular!! The actor that plays Mr. Harwell is outstanding!!

Has it been a year already?

Edit:
    It was probably a coincidence that as I posted this message the following picture was on top of the page....

Last edited by Whitehouse; May-17-11 at 04:06 PM.

Went to see "Ernie" the weekend it opened. Fabulous show!!! Loved the concept of 9 innings of Ernie's life too!

Will David Young [[Ernie) and TJ Corbett [[Boy) are wonderful!!

Hope the show gets extended beyond its current late June end date.