Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Antique Fan Repair in Detroit

I have some antique fans that whirr so beautifully in the summer. I love them. A couple need some repair - maybe the bearings, I'm told, keep them from starting smoothly. Another needs something obscure done. Fan repair seems to be a vanishing skill.
    Does anyone have an idea of who could do these repairs in Detroit? I see that electric motor company on Michigan Ave. just east of Nemo's but I don't think its in business.

Lorax Guest

I think there is a place on Groesbeck somewhere north of 8mile that specializes in small motor repair, like electric windows for antique cars.

You might look under small motor repair.

Go check out Mod Steve @ the Cadiuex Farmhouse on the SE corner of Cadiuex and E Warren, behind Sherwin Williams.

Thanks for these ideas. recently I had some chrome parts for a vintage stove replated at a small shop in Warren that specializes in antique automobile and boat part refurbishing. It was a great experience to meet such people keeping memories alive.

Lorax Guest

SWMAP, would you have the name of that plating shop? I just bought a 1946 Roper gas stove that needs a little plating work. Thanks!

Call B& L Plating. They are pretty much the only people that do this small fine work, I was told by many plate shops. Geno Pirrami is there in the mornings. What nice people and craftsmen.

Does your Roper have an automatic oven lighting? People are horrified that my stove oven has to be lighted by a match at the bottom! But that's how Rachel Ray does it on hers.

My Detroit Jewel circa 1950 is so curvy and solid. I love it.

You just gave me a "HUNY DO" reminder. It's getting warm and the vintage fan out in the garage still hasn't been painted. I did business back in the winter with Werner Electric on Van Born in Dearborn Heights. They were pretty good .

What did you have done on your fan at Werner? I have been thinking of taking my fan there as well.

It wasn't a fan motor. But the blower motor for my buddy's furnace.We dropped it off and it was done in about an hour. From what I heard the price was reasonable.
    When I fan done and I need a motor. I'll try there first