Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Swedish dude with camera making a book on Detroit?

I ran into a Swede today shooting pics and talking with One Eyed Michele at Chene and Alexandria. He took of in a hurry as I was trying to ask him about his project, I think I scared him.

Anyone know of him?

Whatever happened to Viking Gung-ho Django? Or was it one of the bricks you picked from a demo on Chene he thought was meant for him...

Vox Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Django View Post
    I ran into a Swede today shooting pics and talking with One Eyed Michele at Chene and Alexandria. He took of in a hurry as I was trying to ask him about his project, I think I scared him.

Anyone know of him?
    How did you know he was Swedish?

Im not picking up what your layin down Canuck, I was nice. I was just curious about his project. I didnt mean to scare him but I could probably be mistaken for a possible threat if you didnt know me. As he was leaving I tried to ask him if he was familiar with Dyes but I didnt get an answer.

Vox, he told me as he was heading for his car that he was Swedish after I asked him..

Vox Guest

Im not picking up what your layin down Canuck, I was nice. I was just curious about his project. I didnt mean to scare him but I could probably be mistaken for a possible threat if you didnt know me. As he was leaving I tried to ask him if he was familiar with Dyes but I didnt get an answer.

Vox, he told me as he was heading for his car that he was Swedish after I asked him..
    OK I was just curious, maybe he told one eyed Michele and told you. Either way, perhaps his photos of whatever will turn up some day.

Who is One-Eyed Michele? I tried googling it, but no dice. Is she one of those personalities of Detroit, like Sir Sir or Shadow Khan?

Perhaps he did not want to get mugged [[smile)...

Anyone know of him?

You must be looking quite intimidating....

One Eyed Michele is just a local homeless woman, Ive talked about her in past posts.

Whitehouse, he had a nice camera that anyone would be protective of. I rode up on him on my bike, I dont necessarily consider myself an intimidating person but am larger than most. I dont blame him if he was a little worried.

I guess the real reason I started this thread was in hoping he or someone he knew was on Dyes and would let him know I didnt mean any harm, only was curious in his project.

Ive been hired several times through Dyes to give tours of Detroits underbelly, it was def on my mind to possibly catch a gig when I ran into him.

Hope you make it to the picnic Whitehouse, hope you all make it.

Django, curious to know if you located the Swede? And what were the underbelly tours? Were you privately hired to show people around due to better than average local knowledge, knowledge of history, your larger than average size you spoke of, etc?

I'm curous to know if any decent books on the types of pix the Swede was taking have ever been published? Maybe he was involved in a personal project, nothing commercial.

night, I never found the Swede,no big deal, there seems to be plenty of them running around if I need one.
    Yes, Ive recently been hired a few times to show ppl around the old abandons I dont have much knowledge of the buildings from back in the day, mostly stories from the past 15-20 yrs. Yes Ive found ppl seem to feel safe with me, Im sort of big, but I know the locals. All you really need though is a smile and a lack of fear, or maybe its confidence, like you've walked through these buildings a hundred times. I do know fear stinks and attracts the worst kind.

Sorry, I dont know of any books but Im sure someone here does.. You could check out Bruce Giffin or Randy Wilcox online,try Flickr..

White hair, kind of bushy? Guy in his 50's?

More like 30s

If he was carrying a Sony Alpha, I know him. He is writing a book on globalization that has a chapter on Detroit.