Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Default Detroit Dog Rescue?

The NBC Nightly News had a segment tonight about Detroit Dog Rescue. DDR was down to its last dollar [[$43) and after Nightly News ran a story earlier in the week, viewers from around the world donated $83,000. My family would like to make a donation as well, but it's probably wise to do a little homework first.

Does anyone here know about DDR? Are they a worthy charity? Are they a 501[[c)[[3) or working on getting their 501[[c)[[3)?

http://www.detroitdogrescue.com/news.html

I have been following the DDR for months, I am so happy to finally see all the attention on them. In the beginning, they were doing all they could do with the very little funds they had. Finally, they have the resources to help more dogs! I am pretty sure they just received their non-profit status with the state. You can follow their progress on Facebook [[Detroit Dog Rescue). The MHS is currently putting down 80%!!!!! of dogs that come in, and they put down all Pits! The DDR is trying to raise funds to open Detroit's first No Kill Shelter. If you want to make a donation in person, you can go to All About Health in Eastpointe and ask for John.

Thanks, cycledetroit! Our family has made a donation to DDR.

Isn't the Dearborn Animal Shelter a no-kill shelter?

Quote Originally Posted by East Detroit View Post
    Isn't the Dearborn Animal Shelter a no-kill shelter?
    Don't know, but I believe this is about Detroit, and helping dogs in Detroit. I don't believe Dearborn really gives a damn about Detroit & its problems.

Our family joined with what looked like 200 other volunteers in DDR's 100 Roofs for Woofs yesterday.

Hard work but lots of fun for a great cause.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=74bcb187aa