Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Default O/T: WWII V-E Day Ceremony in D.C. Tomorrow [[With Flyover)

While we look forward to better days ahead for Detroit, a pause to remember...

I'm sure most know a WWII veteran or a 'Rosie the Riveter' or someone connected with the war effort...

I'm sure this will get a lot of live coverage tomorrow via cable news, etc.

It is the 70th anniversary of V-E day and the ceremony will include 400 WWII veterans and 56 WWII warbirds.

Event times are listed in the article.

http://wtop.com/dc/2015/05/wwii-warb...riday/slide/1/

Thank you for the reminder both my husband and I had dads in WWII. Nice they got home or we would not be here.

I'll pitch a flag tomorrow and salute.
    Last edited by sumas; May-07-15 at 06:59 PM.

3. Default

Best picture of that day.

Good time to remember my brother, Rudy, 1923 - 1993. Landed in Normandy on D-Day plus 5. I was just a little shaver during WW II, but because of my brother and uncle in the army followed the newspapers daily and have been a newspaper junkie ever since. Sigh.

Somehow, I missed this thread. Sometimes stay away for a month or so. I had seven uncles who fought in WWII. Dad had polio. All made it home. Apparently, ours is a charmed family. In many ways, they were the greatest generation. Peace, through vigilance and strength, was acquired. I thank them.