Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

rhusak,

Armstrong Buick on Michigan Avenue? They were on Grand River east of Schaefer from what I remember near Rollie Barrett Chrysler. Or did they have two dealerships?

Default little buddy

Where on Rosalie did you live , My Cousin lived at the north end

kacz1.
    We lived at 4781 Rosalie.. What was your cousins name? How old is he.. I am 66 so that gives you a frame of refrence.. I had 3 younger brothers though..
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by kacz1 View Post
    Where on Rosalie did you live , My Cousin lived at the north end

i think there number was 4950 the Bilsky family a few house north of the small park at hubbard

kacz1.
    Hmmm..
    I knew the Bilsky name.. But didn't know any of the kids... At least I don't remember them.. But I did know someone named Bilsky in high school.. Fordson.. I was about 1/2 block from the park.. Still looked about the same when I was there a few months ago..
    Ron

i think there number was 4950 the Bilsky family a few house north of the small park at hubbard

You would have gone to school with Pauline what years did you go to Woodworth ?

This thread is always interesting. Armstrong Buick which ended up in Livonia and became John Rogin Buick which now is only used cars and Isuzu/ Suzuki?. Thanks Ron for the info.My "Gramps" lived around Michigan and Martin his whole life till he moved north 10 years ago. If I asked him he'd say he bought something from that dealership.

Yeah.. That's right.. Pauline.. Now I remember.. I went to Woodworth 57and 58. Then Fordson till I graduated in 62..
    If you happen to remmebr tell her I said HI!
    Ron

You would have gone to school with Pauline what years did you go to Woodworth ?

shovelhead..
    Yup they were right next door.. We aquired that building when they left ... must have been 58 or so.. We had our AMC franchise there.. They relocated further down Michigan Ave near Greenfield.
    We were also right across the street from the Pontiac store... Barnett.. They also moved into Dearborn. We rented that building for a while to store some of our new cars in.. The fly ash there was terrible from Ford's foundry used to do a number on the paint... Kept all of the Benzes there.. It was a two floor building with the service department mostly upstairs..
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by shovelhead View Post
    rhusak,

Armstrong Buick on Michigan Avenue? They were on Grand River east of Schaefer from what I remember near Rollie Barrett Chrysler. Or did they have two dealerships?