Quote Originally Posted by EASTSIDE CAT 67-83 View Post
Ok PooBear lets Spar over your response to my post;

1. I am speaking of "government welfare" type programs that are largely liberal and democratic in origin and eventually end up sustaining mediocrity. I said nothing about FDR gettting the nation out of the Great Depression and helping to win WWII, although he was a staunch isolationist up until Pearl Harbor, but hey I'm glad that you are somewhat up on your history.

2. I posted what I saw growing up in a Detroit neighborhood where I was the minority [[reads whiteboy) where some not all of the young men on my block sat around drinking 40's and smoking joints complaining about "day cut ma check" they didn't graduate high school, fathered multiple children from multiple females, they did not keep their homes in decent condition.

3. You ask what have I done for society, well I graduated High school like I was supposed to and took my young 17 year old immature butt and joined the Navy where I spent 26 years providing for the safety and security of our great nation, I was not trying to do anything noble or great by joining but hey I needed a job, it turned out to be a good fit so I stayed a little longer than my first hitch [[I did 3 years of them as a Navy recruiter in Detroit where I tried as hard as I could to help qualified young men and women like me have the same opportunities I enjoyed. I was able to go to college [[night school for 10 years) on the GI bill [[provided by Harry S. Truman back in the day) where I eventually earned my Masters Degree, with that and my 26 years of experience I was able to land a 6 figure income in the areospace industry.

4. Poo Bear you are young.. which mean you are supposed to be liberal...The "Classic so-called "conservative" values of hatred and vitriol" that you claim I espouse is actually about personal accountability and responsibility. I have two young daughters, I would NEVER leave them to fend for themselves as this innocent child had to.

5. I can appreciate you feeling bad for me, with Liberals its always about the "feelings" as you grow and mature the ills of society will wear on you and you will evolve to have more conservative values. I wish no ill will towards you or the helpless children that roam the ghetto without proper parenting, but I have no sympathy for those who "CHOOSE" to live in filth and have no respect for what it means to be a parent or for the children they have brought into this world. Being a parent means you sacrifice everything for their well being, you go without so they can thrive, you give them love by providing a safe and secure place for them to grow and prosper, this was clearly not the case in this home.

6. What we all saw in this news report is what the Detroit Police and Fire Dept knows all too well and sees on a daily basis in Detroit.
I'm pretty up on my history as it was my major study.

We're not going to agree on everything but I also have no sympathy for those who do not try to better themselves and God forbid bring children into such a world.

Awesome service record. Thank you for what you have done. I am Reserve. We are going to have to agree to disagree on the liberal/government part. Happy Independence Day.