Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

What a horrible article. It's only purpose was to invoke a negative response from ignorant people. I can't believe how many people on the Detroit News website were ranting about $27,000 suits.

The only clear thing was that $148k was advanced by a contractor to without any kind of oversight by anyone that would be overseeing this project.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    What a horrible article. It's only purpose was to invoke a negative response from ignorant people. I can't believe how many people on the Detroit News website were ranting about $27,000 suits.

Pretty much.

Remember, this is the suburban Detroit news media, and their target audience is the Frank Rizzos from Sterling Heights, West Bloomfield and Livonia. The Frank Rizzos will eat that crap up [[given their vitriol hate for Detroit), which is the ultimate intention of the sensationalized article.
    Last edited by 313WX; March-07-12 at 05:31 PM.

Buy American Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Pretty much.

Remember, this is the suburban Detroit news media, and their target audience is the Frank Rizzos from Sterling Heights, West Bloomfield and Livonia. The Frank Rizzos will eat that crap up [[given their vitriol hate for Detroit), which is the ultimate intention of the sensationalized article.
    Suburban news media, Frank Rizzo, vitriol hate for Detroit, you lumped us all in one neat package haven't you? Personally, I don't hate Detroit, I hate what it has become [[big difference)...from the corruption, the crime, and the deterioration of a once great City.

Many of us have some wonderful memories of Detroit, where we were born, where we lived, how we lived among each other and with each other. The Detroit that everyone reads about today isn't the same place at all, and by your username "313" you probably live in Detroit and YOU should hate what it has become as well. I guess I should feel sorry for you for not being able to share those wonderful memories of the city and for not being able to be proud of where you live. Place the blame where it really is, not on suburbanites or the codespeak "Frank Rizzo's". I find it so hard to understand why some Detroiters want to blame everyone else except the people who are responsible for its' demise, from the mayor's office on down.

Quote Originally Posted by Buy American View Post
    Suburban news media, Frank Rizzo, vitriol hate for Detroit, you lumped us all in one neat package haven't you? Personally, I don't hate Detroit, I hate what it has become [[big difference)...from the corruption, the crime, and the deterioration of a once great City.

Many of us have some wonderful memories of Detroit, where we were born, where we lived, how we lived among each other and with each other. The Detroit that everyone reads about today isn't the same place at all, and by your username "313" you probably live in Detroit and YOU should hate what it has become as well. I guess I should feel sorry for you for not being able to share those wonderful memories of the city and for not being able to be proud of where you live. Place the blame where it really is, not on suburbanites or the codespeak "Frank Rizzo's". I find it so hard to understand why some Detroiters want to blame everyone else except the people who are responsible for its' demise, from the mayor's office on down.
    Actually, I do hate what Detroit [[as in region) has become.

I'm sick of all the animosity between the city and the suburbs and how we've allowed it to hold back any real progress relative to other regions that are/were of our caliber. The sad part, as that article proves, it that it's still well and alive in 2012 after over 50 years. This is instead of the majority of people around here realizing that we're all one in the same, and we each need one another to thrive.

I mean, we're in the 2010s and we still can't even run a measely bus line from one place to another correctly without mudslinging or nitpicking. If that what some people define as "a good thing", then have at it.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at heading at greener patures myself. Of course, I will voice my frustration about the problems we face in the meantime, because Detroit is my home and I hate to see it in the position it's in [[and continue to be in the position it's in). The thing is Detroit's problem are structural, and it will take a lot more than me doing right [[thus those "what are you doing to change things" responses) to change those structural problems.

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post

The only clear thing was that $148k was advanced by a contractor to without any kind of oversight by anyone that would be overseeing this project.
    I think you're missing the point, big time. The funding is there to help people and it's not being utilized. And that's entirely on Bing's administration. It has nothing to do with the economy, shrinking population, union concessions or any other excuse that Bing always falls back on. The money was wasted due to a lack of work provided by people that were put in place by Bing. Opportunity wasted, money wasted. Which is what the article was pointing out.

Quote Originally Posted by kraig View Post
    I think you're missing the point, big time. The funding is there to help people and it's not being utilized. And that's entirely on Bing's administration. It has nothing to do with the economy, shrinking population, union concessions or any other excuse that Bing always falls back on. The money was wasted due to a lack of work provided by people that were put in place by Bing. Opportunity wasted, money wasted. Which is what the article was pointing out.
    Agreed - More and more is coming out about the $$ the city has to help people [[weatherization grants, razing homes, this, etc) that is either not being spent or being spent ineffectively or criminally.

Let's bring back the previous city auditor [[I can't remember his name) and actually have Bing and CC listen to him [[since KK and the last council wouldn't)

Quote Originally Posted by jt1 View Post
    Agreed - More and more is coming out about the $$ the city has to help people [[weatherization grants, razing homes, this, etc) that is either not being spent or being spent ineffectively or criminally.

Let's bring back the previous city auditor [[I can't remember his name) and actually have Bing and CC listen to him [[since KK and the last council wouldn't)
    Joe Harris.

He's currently the EFM in Benton Harbor where he's doing a pretty good job but getting attacked by Rachel Maddow/MSNBC/HuffPo types who think he's the devil incarnate.