Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Matty should get the bill for the rescue and the medical.

Kids should get tickets for trespassing.

Ownership has its liabilities...it is way past time that we call him on abandoning that building...
    Wrong.

I don't particularly care for MAtty Moroun either. However, from a purely legal perspective, this person was trespassing on private property. So after he eats up his medical expenses, Matty Moroun can then press legal charges on him.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Matty Moroun can then press legal charges on him.
    What charges? You damaged my 1913 brick shithouse that can't be destroyed by bombs with your scrawny 22-year-old body? What mirth ...

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    What charges? You damaged my 1913 brick shithouse that can't be destroyed by bombs with your scrawny 22-year-old body? What mirth ...
    I used the wrong wording. Charges only apply to criminal cases. This is a civil trespassing and not a criminal trespassing.

The point was Matty Moroun can hold him liable for the legal infraction, which he did.

I fully understand the limitations and error of the legal wranglings.

I am talking the ETHICAL and actual cause of this 'accident'.

Yes, the ethical side of this issue does seem to emerge! Insane to have so many abandoned and vacant properties in the Detroit, that one being the biggest. What an ultimate slum lord Mr. M has been.