Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    Captain Ben Bailey was Schwartzkopf's lead weather guru in the First Gulf War. In fact, Captain Bailey had to make the invasion call based on his predictions.
    Wasn't that Rich Luterman from Fox2 ??

Quote Originally Posted by lpg View Post
    Wasn't that Rich Luterman from Fox2 ??
    I think you're right about that. Luterman is often called Captain by Huel Perkins. Here's Luterman's profile of himself for the Fox2News web page.

By Rich Luterman - email

SOUTHFIELD, Mich. [[WJBK) -My mom and my wife, Deanne, call me Richard, but everyone else calls me Rich. You can see me during the 5, 6, 10, and 11 p.m. newscasts, Monday through Friday.
    I'm originally from Pittsburgh and graduated in 1988 from Penn State University with a Bachelor of Science degree in meteorology. I was commissioned a second lieutenant through the U.S. Air Force ROTC and served four-and-a-half years on active duty as a weather officer. I was stationed at Griffiss Air Force Base in Rome, New York, from 1989 to 1993. For six months in 1991, I was a weather detachment commander in Southwest Asia during Operation Desert Storm. While I was in the service, I earned a master's degree in business administration from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
    When I left the Air Force, I took a job at WKTV in Utica, New York, where I was chief meteorologist for four years. I obtained the American Meteorological Society [[AMS) Seal of Approval in 1994. In 1997, I left central New York to make Detroit my home as the weekend meteorologist here at Fox 2.
    My wife and I, along with our twin daughters, love Southeast Michigan, where we enjoy all the great things there are to do. We especially like camping with our pop-up camper. We spend a lot of time in our backyard and often fire up the barbecue. When the house is quiet, I like to read. But since joining Fox 2, I have really enjoyed sharing my knowledge and experiences with young students who are interested in weather.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/story/17...#ixzz2a1XE2E4W