Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Sort of a misleading thread...just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by illwill View Post
    Sort of a misleading thread...just sayin'
    Why, illwill, is this thread misleading?

The title says that the police were called to Whole Foods, and that's what I described in my original post.

Quote Originally Posted by marshamusic View Post
    Why, illwill, is this thread misleading?

The title says that the police were called to Whole Foods, and that's what I described in my original post.
    I agree with illwill.

I initially the thread would be about someone stealing from the Whole Foods.

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    I agree with illwill.

Interesting. My first thought was "I wonder what happened?"

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    Interesting. My first thought was "I wonder what happened?"
    Welp, I guess my Detroiter instinct got the best of me.

Welp, I guess my Detroiter instinct got the best of me.
    NP. Living where we do, sometimes you can't help it. However, I was serious with my smart-ass comments. In today's world, WHAT was she thinking??????
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; July-30-13 at 06:28 PM.

I agree with illwill.

illwill has not said why he/she thought the police were called, based on my thread title; only that my title was misleading.

You agree with illwill, and you thought there had been stealing, even though I only said the police were called.

Was there something in my thread title to cause you to think of stealing?

Why is the thread misleading, when all that I said was that the police were called to Whole Foods?

illwill has not said why he/she thought the police were called, based on my thread title; only that my title was misleading.

You agree with illwill, and you thought there had been stealing, even though I only said the police were called.

Was there something in my thread title to cause you to think of stealing?

Why is the thread misleading, when all that I said was that the police were called to Whole Foods?
    My thought process was the police arrived to Whole Foods in response to a robbery, or an attempted robbery, given how big of a problem shrinkage is in the city.
    Last edited by 313WX; July-30-13 at 05:49 PM.

My thought process was the police arrived to Whole Foods in response to a robbery, or an attempted robbery, given how big of a problem shrinkage is in the city.
    Well 313WX, of course.

I too jumped to a conclusion as I encountered the scene. That is why I described - in my original post - that those of us standing by felt rather sheepish for assuming there had been a robbery, after watching the mother being questioned.

But would you agree that it was your own thought process [[and I suppose illwill's, too), rather than anything that I said in the thread title, that was "misleading"?

[Of course, leaving your little ones in the car [[one was a tiny one, a baby) is a crime too.]

Well 313WX, of course.

I too jumped to a conclusion as I encountered the scene. That is why I described - in my original post - that those of us standing by felt rather sheepish for assuming there had been a robbery, after watching the mother being questioned.

But would you agree that it was your own thought process [[and I suppose illwill's, too), rather than anything that I said in the thread title, that was "misleading"?

[Of course, leaving your little ones in the car [[one was a tiny one, a baby) is a crime too.]
    I will admit that I jumped to a conclusion.

That said, your thread title was vague. This is Detroit after all and you're talking about Police arriving to the first national grocery store to open in the city in nearly 5 years. So I think it was easy enough to jump to conclusions based off that.