Sorry to hear about BJ.

In high school [[CassTech) we went to the Snug, which was in the actual corner of the bldg where Traffic Jam was and completely separated physically from TJ's. The Snug was non-alcohol for the younger crowd. Hey. It was a start! Later, we went to TJ's a LOT. Twas a dive, smoky, darkish, w/pool tables and fights on weekends. I remember the traffic light in there with the working lights. Nowadays the area that was the Snug is the corner with dining booths pretty much as you walk in. WAY too upscale!

The Bronx of course had more pool tables and fights, but George was pretty good at containing it. While at Wayne I lived on West Canfield and used to go around the corner to Anderson's Garden to play the shuffleboard table - the long table with sawdust for lube... The hookers hated us - no we're not looking for a date! Then a cop was shot in there and they were all over the neighborhood looking for the bad guy - helicopters with searchlights - the whole nine yards.

Spent a lot of time at Verne's, too - behind the gas station at Forest and Woodward. That drew mainly Wayne students and wasn't really a corridor bar.

The wildest times were at the Vietnam Vets Chapter 9 place [[in the old Greenfield's restaurant on Woodward). It was mainly a bar. They had public times - and private, by invite only, times. I'm not a vet but knew some of the guys and got invites. The decor included some wild stuff [[pix from Nam mainly) unless it was cleaned up for public 'visitation'. They used to have outdoor parties with a band on the roof and m/c burnouts right at the side door.

And LOVED that pizza joint in the old house. MMmmmm great stuff.