Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

I'm pretty sure the church in the second drawing is Trinity Lutheran - on Gratiot. The school is the building on the right. Behind the church is the area that was the prior Stroh's brewery. And the bell tower was built to the north of the church instead of to the south, it filled in the gap that appears between the church and school in the drawing. The building to the west in the 4th photo may be a building that came down to make way for I-375??
    http://historictrinity.org/

Trinity is a wonderful experience. The church has grown remarkably since 1980 when it was considering closure due to an aging and declining membership. Nowadays it's doing well with three services on Sundays and different activities throughout the year. At Christmas I believe it's the prettiest church in town.
    Last edited by kryptonite; August-02-11 at 01:26 PM.