Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I'm still seething. The Tigers had this game in the bag and then fat ass Valverde comes in and hands the game to the Athletics.

VALVERDE BLOWS!

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    I'm still seething. The Tigers had this game in the bag and then fat ass Valverde comes in and hands the game to the Athletics.

VALVERDE BLOWS!
    I simaltaneously knew exactly what was about to happen and was in absolute disbeleif.

I hope this guy is never allowed to throw a baseball in an MLB uniform for as long as he lives.

How bout them Tigers! Every time we think they have found a new way to blow it they somehow pull it off. It never hurts to have an ace up your sleeve either.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    How bout them Tigers! Every time we think they have found a new way to blow it they somehow pull it off. It never hurts to have an ace up your sleeve either.
    While it's great that Verlander pitched us marvelously into the next round, we probably won't have him starting for us immediately in the next round.

But what blows me away is that none of the other teams will have their number one aces starting either. I'm still agog that all of these series have gone the full five game max to determine a winner. One couldn't set it up any better or raise the tension any higher.

Regardless if we face Baltimore or NY Yankees, I still think we have the best stud pitching that seems so freakin' evident in ALL of these games so far. We can match anyone still left in the game. We just got to get our anemic offense going and if that somehow catches fire- dare I say we'll be lining up for a parade down Woodward?

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post
    I simaltaneously knew exactly what was about to happen and was in absolute disbeleif.

I hope this guy is never allowed to throw a baseball in an MLB uniform for as long as he lives.
    I've calmed my silly ass down now. In the heat of the moment [[and 3-1 lead), Jose Vlaverde stunk the joint up. No doubt. But given what he did last year and the majority of this year, can anyone fault Leyland for putting him in there? I can't. And closers can and will get bit. Last year's perfect save record for Valverde was in-freakin' sane. How long were we going to hold him to that standard of never being able to flop.

Granted he chose what I consider one of the shittiest times to do so, but he's human. The question that's going to be on people's minds soon enough is do we bring him back? Who's our new closer if he isn't?

And before we get too far ahead of ourselves, I can almost guarantee that we'll see him pitch before long. Leyland still has to have confidence in the Big Potato. The only thing I would want Leyland to do is have a shorter leash. Who gives a flying fudsicle if he's deemed "The Closer"> if he starts faltering now in the playoffs, yank his fat ass and get Porcello, Smyley or anyone else to relieve him. He's just another arm on the bench as far as I'm concerned.

Default Valverde

Quote Originally Posted by Thruster315 View Post
    I've calmed my silly ass down now. In the heat of the moment [[and 3-1 lead), Jose Vlaverde stunk the joint up. No doubt. But given what he did last year and the majority of this year, can anyone fault Leyland for putting him in there? I can't. And closers can and will get bit. Last year's perfect save record for Valverde was in-freakin' sane. How long were we going to hold him to that standard of never being able to flop.

Granted he chose what I consider one of the shittiest times to do so, but he's human. The question that's going to be on people's minds soon enough is do we bring him back? Who's our new closer if he isn't?

And before we get too far ahead of ourselves, I can almost guarantee that we'll see him pitch before long. Leyland still has to have confidence in the Big Potato. The only thing I would want Leyland to do is have a shorter leash. Who gives a flying fudsicle if he's deemed "The Closer"> if he starts faltering now in the playoffs, yank his fat ass and get Porcello, Smyley or anyone else to relieve him. He's just another arm on the bench as far as I'm concerned.
    If Leyland decides to bring in Valverde during this next series at home, I wonder if he will be booed mercilessly? I do not think any Tiger fan will forget how he single-handedly turned a win into a crushing defeat. It would be a bold move by Leyland that I hope he stays away from. But I would not put it past JL.
    On another note, I wish Leyland would put Dirks in the no. 5 spot. Young has been horrible there and he needs to send him some kind of message that the 5th spot is extremely important for this lineup and if he cannot produce then let's find someone who can. We also need AJax to start getting on more than he has. Cabrera doesn't look like he's having much fun. I'm hoping for an offensive explosion from him and Prince this next series. Should be fun. Gotta love October baseball!

Quote Originally Posted by jefferson78 View Post
    If Leyland decides to bring in Valverde during this next series at home, I wonder if he will be booed mercilessly? !
    NO
    Good news is the west coast trips are done, no more late games.
    Well I guess untill the WS

Quote Originally Posted by kenp View Post
    NO
    Good news is the west coast trips are done, no more late games.
    Well I guess untill the WS
    All I know is if I am there and he comes out, I am booing as loud and hard as I can.
    While Jose was great last year, this year, especially late in the season, he has looked like someone who is washed up. Below average fastball and he cannot throw strikes when he needs to. His antics are getting old and he's lost his swagger. I would not be disappointed if I never see him pitch in a Tigers uniform again. We have other options so I see no reason to use him.