Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Patterson my be irritating but his county is doing lots of things right.
    http://www.freep.com/story/news/loca...cast/26639053/
    Talk about worthless statistics. Oakland County could have a 5% unemployment rate even if there were not a single job in the entire county.

I say that L.B. Patterson is an irritation to all Metro-Detroiters. He is not going to get Gilbert to invest his properties in the his "White version of Detroit". He needs to shut his mouth and move on with his life; like retire from politics!

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Talk about worthless statistics. Oakland County could have a 5% unemployment rate even if there were not a single job in the entire county.
    Right. Oakland County holds the majority of the area's white collar work force.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick1 View Post
    Right. Oakland County holds the majority of the area's white collar work force.
    With GM in Macomb County, and Ford in Wayne, I'd like to see statistics on that. Especially if you include UM in Washtenaw now as part of the greater SE MI area.

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    With GM in Macomb County, and Ford in Wayne, I'd like to see statistics on that. Especially if you include UM in Washtenaw now as part of the greater SE MI area.
    While it would be interesting to see statistics, and I'm sure they are available if you translate "white collar" to a particular income level, I would be extremely surprised if maverick was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by gameguy56 View Post
    I interpreted what he is saying to mean that the majority of the Detroit area's white collar workforce lives in Oakland County. Every person living in Oakland County could work in Detroit [[or other parts of Wayne County, or Macomb County) and the county could still have 5% unemployment, hence it being a useless statistic in the context of this conversation.
    Last edited by iheartthed; May-01-15 at 08:47 AM.