Quote Originally Posted by Calltoaction View Post
Sorry you made that mistake, but your idea that you won't see "any benefit" is absolutely false, this plan is expected to produce quadruple return in investment providing a massive boost to our economy with means more money in your pocket. It allows easy access to the airport if you're ever traveling anywhere or if you have guests visiting you they can more easily get around the metro without a car. There are also plenty of things you pay for in society without seeing direct benefits but you still pay because it allows for a higher standard of living and a functionally prosperous society.
This proposal offers no service whatsoever to the community where I live. My income is totally independent of the local economy, so my "return on investment" will be negative since I'll be spending upwards of $300 per year for services that I won't be able to use. There's also no mention anywhere of a proposed service link from Metro from my city.

As I mentioned, I'm in favor of increased mass transit in the metro area. What I'm not in favor of is a vague plan that benefits some communities, but totally skips over others while charging them more.