Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

I have never said that I wanted an EM in Detroit, I do care about my
    pension, wouldn't you? If you say it wouldn't matter to you then I'd say you're
    a liar.
    If I had a pension it would matter to me. I think the bigger issue is that your only concern is about your pension and the PD/FD. It is clear from your posting that you have zero concern for the well being of the citizens.

Wh
    at angers me is people like yourself who would rather make excuses for those people sitting in their plush offices in the CAY building, behind their mahogany desk, spending taxpayer money foolishly and then turning around and asking ALL city employees to take drastic cuts while they do nothing to help the situation.
    I have never made an excuse for them or their poor performance. I am stating that the state taking over is a larger evil than the incompetence of the city. Ideally we would have competent people at the CAY. I think that ALL city employees do need to take cuts, that imclude the mayor, council, appointees, white collar, blue collar, etc. Unlike you I think that both sides of the argument [[union and non union) can fairly be villified. You paint one side as perfect and the other as horrible. Let's be honest , both have played a critical role in this debacle.

Police/Fire are important to me because without those employees in
    Detroit, what the hell would you do? Sequester yourself in your homes with bars
    on the windows [[which I'm sure are already there), and hope you don't have a
    fire or a health emergency or have a home invasion and no one comes?
    First, I do not have bars on my home but that just supports my point of how you view the city and residents. I believe that PD and FD are critical functions for a city to manage. I do however take exception with the fact that PD and FD have often taken an us vs. them mentality and do not adapt to make their functions more efficient and do things like protect PD officers that decide to all call in sick at once. PD could also move all officers on the street and re-assign many functions to non-sworn in officers like pretty much every other city in the country.
    Again, critical functions but their leadership have been unwilling to bend and have contributed to the dire straits in the city.

Incidentally, our pension is protected by the Federal Government and can't be touched. However, it's crooks like Monica Conyers, thug KK, and others who have put their fingers into the pot and used some of the monies for their own personal use.
    You should be pissed at members that voted in people like Conyers to the pension board. KK and Conyers are corrupt and should rot in jail but the existing members of the PD and FD vote on the pension board. DO you ever critique them for voting in the fools and crooks that manage the pension or is it only the politicians that are at fault?

I also was smart and have a backup plan that I started many years ago so
    don't presume to know me jt1...you don't.
    Yet you presume to know me and whether or not I have bars on my windows and who I voted for. Thanks for pointing out your hypocrisy.....again.

You need to put your anger toward me to better use, like voting the right people in office next time, if there are any honest, upstanding, people with integrity left in Detroit politics.
    Oooh, more presuming to know me. I find it intersting that you insist my 'anger' should be directed towards better causes. Every post of your drips with anger. I'm curious, have you championed any causes to help Detroit, supported any politicians that you like, volunteered for any causes in the city, worked on campaigs for those that want to be on the pension board, etc, etc. I would suspect that you are doing a ton of this since you have a significant amount of anger in each and every post. But it couldn't be that you are just being hypocritical now could it.
    Last edited by jt1; February-01-12 at 02:37 PM. Reason: Questioning what BA does given all of his anger