Quote Originally Posted by Bad Brains View Post
Lars and Metallica did a lot of damage to themselves when they were complaining about Napster back in the day. I don't know what they were thinking. The funny part is that it's MUCH easier to get free music now than it was back then. With Napster, you had to look up each individual song and download it, now with torrents, you just download entire discographies, all nicely organized with albums and tracklistings.

Ironically at that time, I actually bought and owned my Metallica albums, I was simply downloading their songs to have them on my computer for convenience [[I didn't realize I could just ripp songs off the CD and convert to MP3). Technically they "banned" me for downloading music I already owned.

Today I probably have almost a Terabyte of music, didn't pay for it, nor did I download it. I simply swap music with friends, which technically isn't illegal. I support live music however, and will gladly pay to see musicians I like in person.

I almost want to download a Metallica discography just to piss the band off [[and then delete it).
Gee... so you violate copyright laws.... and just because everyone else does it, that makes it OK.... and because you got caught and had your hand slapped that makes them a lousy band....