Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - BELANGER PARK »

Page 4 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Well, if a certain "someone", who shall go un-named, didn't write that word, then I wouldn't have had to erase it.

Or, was it me who erased it?

Bigsis have you had a chance to check out the St. Jude Facebook page? There are some great photo's and video montage's on there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Detroi...=1238706715156

Tsom: Did you see this? Too funny.

http://www.keyetv.com/content/sports...OgaliqLog.cspx

Quote Originally Posted by zitro View Post
    No, I hadn't seen that. That is too funny! Looks like the team in Grand Prairie is a little bit looser than our Round Rock Express. I could never envision seeing that happening at an Express game, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by BigSistertoJohnR View Post
    Well, if a certain "someone", who shall go un-named, didn't write that word, then I wouldn't have had to erase it.

Or, was it me who erased it?
    I'm missing something here. What word and in whose classroom?

Oh, and ML lurks occasionally, so she might be reading this now. ML, BigSis is JR in case you're reading in.

Minor League baseball has it's charms the bigs don't. We have a lot of fun at the I-Cubs games and it's reasonable too.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    I'm missing something here. What word and in whose classroom?

Might be a better side conversation

BSJR: Your house [[next to the alley) was visible from our home on Eastwood [[left there in 1979). What's the latest?

Might be a better side conversation
    I'm laughing out loud on this one. JCole, you didn't miss anything. Zitro is just being silly. I'll tell you, time plays tricks on the mind.

OK, Zitro, SIDEBAR!

Been living in Northern Michigan for 19 years. It took me about 10 years to get used to "up north". But, now I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I'm still a Motor City girl, born and raised, but it sure is beautiful up here. The kids are grown and out of the house. One is married, she is 28. The other is 25, and she is living with a friend and working. No empty nest syndrome here! Both girls live up here, they don't remember Detroit.

JohnR checking in. I see BigSis found some old friends; thats cool.
    I was trying to upload my new avatar but had trouble. I'll have more
    time tomorrow to work on it. Talk to y'll later.

Rumblefish
    f/k/a Johnr

I live north of Detroit in a small town. I have two girls also. One is 32, the other 31. Both married with kids. The oldest has 2 boys and lives in Clawson, and the younger has 1 girl and lives in Colorado. When they were small, I used to take them downtown to the Ethnic festivals on the riverfront, and to Greektown, the Fisher, the Fox and everywhere else I could drag them to. Apparently, I instilled a love of Detroit in the older one; she went to University of Detroit Mercy and loved it. Lived on campus and then in a Frat on 6 Mile.

The avatar made it to you profile. It won't show up when you post on a thread.

By the way, I'll see your Freewheelin' Franklin and raise you one Fat Freddy's Cat!

BSJR or can I drop the full name and just call you BS since we went to school together? Welcome!
    The last time I saw you, you were sitting on your porch on Vernier [[I think) and just getting ready to move to TC. How is Mike?
    Ask him if he remembers who chipped his front tooth playing bean bag football. Sorry Mike!!
    I also remember when Mike's father took us to the fifteenth precinct on Gration to see the lockup. The place was old [[even then) and smelled like a wine cellar. That was the first and last time I spent in jail.

Speaking of minor league promotions, my son just pointed this one, by none other than the W. Michigan Whitecaps. A heart attack in a bun!

http://www.detnews.com/article/20090...calorie+burger

Welcome, BS and fka JR. Since you lived next to the car wash, I'm sure you remember the very tasty large sugar cookies they used to give out free to cute kids at the bakery next to the beer store ... speaking of which, I could really go for a Mr. Freeze, and a ten cent pack of 1968 Topps baseball cards right about now. I used to drop into Colonial just to use the gum machine.

BTW, how far are you away from Flap Jack Shack? Went there last time up.

TS, time to get your Tiger and Red Wing gear out of moth balls ... oh, I forgot, you don't have winter down there. Are you coming up for the final four?

No, I'll have to be content to watch on the tube. There's a bar downtown where some MSU alumni hang out, I might watch the game there if I can get there early enough to get a table.

Looking forward to baseball starting. I made the mistake of listening to the Wings game tonight on the radio. How can they consistantly cough up goals right after scoring themselves? Couldn't hang this one on Ozzie. Hard to tell what going on from a radio play by play, but I hope they get this turned around before the playoffs!

Quote Originally Posted by 7andkelly View Post
    BTW, how far are you away from Flap Jack Shack? Went there last time up.
    I'm about 20 minutes from The Flap Jack Shack. I just ate there 2 weeks ago!

Oh, Mike remembers very well who chipped his front tooth!! I made him get it fixed 3 months before we got married. I wasn't having a toothless wonder in my wedding photos!!

I miss a good old fashioned Mr. Freeze. Those were the days when life was simple and happy.

Today we have snow, rain and high winds. Summer only comes to Traverse City for 3 months. I'm not lying either. June, July and August.

Now, who was with me in 6th grade, above the gym in Sr. Paul Therese's homeroom?

Gosh girl, you had your kids young! Good for you! My kids are the best thing that ever happened to me, next to beating up my little brother! Hehehehe

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblefish View Post
    Rumblefish
    f/k/a Johnr
    Hey, Bro, how did you change your username?

Bigsis have you had a chance to check out the St. Jude Facebook page? There are some great photo's and video montage's on there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Detroi...=1238706715156
    I checked out Facebook. The pictures are wonderful!

Page 4 of 263 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 14 54 104 ... LastLast