Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by DETGES View Post
    As I said above, the focus is not about bringing cars to people, it's about preparing the infrastructure, i.e. the electrical grid, so that it can support the 3+ Million cars you mentioned. So once the electrical infrastructure is created we can then move on to building car charging stations or what ever the future of transport holds.

It's not about persuading anybody to buy electric cars, when electric cars are widely available people will start to purchase them. So by first doing the legwork of rebuilding the electrical grid, we can move on towards production and further accommodation of electric cars.
    Electric cars are available and continue to loose market share. Very few people want the damned things.

So once again, how are you going to fund the grid upgrades? I'm sure as shit not going to pay extra for over capacity on a grid I'm not sure anyone will ever use. Without people buying the cars why would a private company dump money into something they aren't sure is going to happen?

Quote Originally Posted by ndavies View Post
    Electric cars are available and continue to loose market share. Very few people want the damned things.

So once again, how are you going to fund the grid upgrades? I'm sure as shit not going to pay extra for over capacity on a grid I'm not sure anyone will ever use. Without people buying the cars why would a private company dump money into something they aren't sure is going to happen?
    Let the market decide when the upgrades are needed. There is quite a bit of capacity to charge cars at night, in the quantities that are currently selling. The grid might need repairs but that's a different issue.