Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    Glad to hear that you cracked the top 100 in your genre!!! Congratulations, Barbara!!!

Crossing my fingers that everything falls into place for the Olympics there. Seems like this type of bad karma happens ahead of every Olympics but manages to correct and get back on track before the start.
    Let's hope so. To be honest I think that the Olympics will go well and it will all be fine. What worries me is that so many police and soldiers from all over the country will be there anything may happen outside of that cordon. A lot of people think, myself included, that if a terrorist strike happens it won't be at any of the Olympic sites but at somewhere no-one had even considered, like York or Plymouth. With no police around it can be all to easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbara Nadel View Post
    Let's hope so. To be honest I think that the Olympics will go well and it will all be fine. What worries me is that so many police and soldiers from all over the country will be there anything may happen outside of that cordon. A lot of people think, myself included, that if a terrorist strike happens it won't be at any of the Olympic sites but at somewhere no-one had even considered, like York or Plymouth. With no police around it can be all to easy.

Yeah, but if they are International Terrorists, they usually strike in places the rest of the world easily recognizes, unless it is an American outpost.

We're with you in Spirit, Barbara. When the news of the torch going through Manchester hit, I couldn't help but wonder if you saw it run by...

Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Yeah, but if they are International Terrorists, they usually strike in places the rest of the world easily recognizes, unless it is an American outpost.

We're with you in Spirit, Barbara. When the news of the torch going through Manchester hit, I couldn't help but wonder if you saw it run by...

Cheers!
    I didn't, although I just very narrowly missed it a few weeks ago when it passed through Essex. And although I wish all the athletes well and hope that it all goes off without a hitch, I am Olympiced out now. It's been hyped for years here and I'm not sure that we can take much more Olympics to he honest. It's cost a vast sum of money that we don''t really have and much of the complex is going to be demolished after the games because the govt has failed to sell it on to anyone. I'll probably watch bits of it on the news but I've got a new book to finish by November and so my summer is pretty much going to be devoted to that. But I'll still cheer for the UK!