Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    If you only show up 15 minutes before one of the most attended events and expect to easily slip into a spot close to the acton, you are an idiot. Your arguement has become more and more ridiculous. I have a hard time believing you are being serious.
    Exactly, neither of us would try to find parking 15 minutes before this event because we both know we wouldn't find a spot. You admitted my point exactly. Not enough spots. As more hotels open up without parking, it will only get worse, which is why new hotels need their own parking garages.
    Last edited by davewindsor; April-02-15 at 02:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Exactly, neither of us would try to find parking 15 minutes before this event because we both know we wouldn't find a spot. You admitted my point exactly. Not enough spots. As more hotels open up without parking, it will only get worse, which is why new hotels need their own parking garages.
    No, I only said you wouldn't find a spot that close to the action 15 minutes before a major event. Obviously, I would not be an idiot and show up with much more time to spare because that is what a normal human being does. If I was running late I would expect to park a little farther out. I am confused why you think it makes sense for a hotel with 20 rooms to build their on parking garage when there is a perfectly good one across the street.

Quote Originally Posted by gumby View Post
    No, I only said you wouldn't find a spot that close to the action 15 minutes before a major event. Obviously, I would not be an idiot and show up with much more time to spare because that is what a normal human being does. If I was running late I would expect to park a little farther out. I am confused why you think it makes sense for a hotel with 20 rooms to build their on parking garage when there is a perfectly good one across the street.
    Don't be confused, he is parking challenged, all he cares about it abundant cheap parking for his use on his rare trips to a baseball or hockey game period, that's it.

As things change in the city, prices for parking will rise. You will have to adapt and know your way around to get a reasonable price. Those who can't do that will stop coming. It's fine it's called change. It will lead to more knowledgable visitors and residents who know how to get around in the city. It's a good thing.