Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Occurrence Guest

I have been hoping for a terrible Tigers season and so far I'm not disappointed. Now, If we could only get people to refuse to buy those $8 beers and over-priced food at the ballpark.

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    I have been hoping for a terrible Tigers season and so far I'm not disappointed.

Why?

You must be a hit at a parties.

We're still second in the AL Central. Not good, but not terrible.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Why?

You must be a hit at a parties.

We're still second in the AL Central. Not good, but not terrible.
    Ehh, not a big fan of Illitch and I have a hard time rooting for a guy who makes $214 million in this economy.

Ehh, not a big fan of Illitch and I have a hard time rooting for a guy who makes $214 million in this economy.
    I guess we could all just sit around and read Nietzsche, then.

Fine, you don't like baseball, but "Hoping for a terrible season"? Like this city doesn't have enough to be down about. Go jump off the Ambassador.

Go jump off the Ambassador.
    He probably doesn't like Maroun either.

Quote Originally Posted by Roq View Post
    He probably doesn't like Maroun either.
    Nice comeback

Occurrence Guest

I guess we could all just sit around and read Nietzsche, then.

Fine, you don't like baseball, but "Hoping for a terrible season"? Like this city doesn't have enough to be down about. Go jump off the Ambassador.
    If a pro sports team really makes or breaks a major city than we are in worse shape than I thought.

If a pro sports team really makes or breaks a major city than we are in worse shape than I thought.
    Never said make or break. Never even implied it. It's nice when the home team wins and there is a little something to feel good about and celebrate. Apparently you're far too principled for that. Have fun with that.

I have been hoping for a terrible Tigers season and so far I'm not disappointed. Now, If we could only get people to refuse to buy those $8 beers and over-priced food at the ballpark.
    What the hell?

I wouldn't be surprised if he's done in Detroit. The hate crime charge takes this to a different level. I'm sure the league will give him a lengthy suspension and if he were to come back he's going to be a huge distraction.

He only has a contract through this year, not hitting and can't field worth a damn. I say he's toast.

Quote Originally Posted by rjk View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if he's done in Detroit. The hate crime charge takes this to a different level. I'm sure the league will give him a lengthy suspension and if he were to come back he's going to be a huge distraction.

He only has a contract through this year, not hitting and can't field worth a damn. I say he's toast.
    I think that's really jumping to conclusions. If every time somebody uttered a racial slur when they were in a very minor altercation it resulted in Hate Crime charges the courts would be packed. I'm already reading "charged" and "facing hate crime charges" when in fact they are still investigating. Also, it sounds like he got between some Chicago tourists and a panhandler. While not wise, especially while drunk, it hardly seems to rise to any hate crime standard.
    I'm guessing he'll get off with a small fine. I'm much more concerned with the poor judgment of drinking until 3:00 am after your team got swept while going 0 for your last 10. Delmon and Dmitri, two of a kind. Like it or not, we need this guy, at least for this year.