Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Well that leaves a wide open door,denied entry if they suspect that you are an addict.

They can tell anybody that they are an addict,how do you prove them wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well that leaves a wide open door,denied entry if they suspect that you are an addict.

They can tell anybody that they are an addict,how do you prove them wrong?
    In respect of non-Americans they have wide ranging discretion on who to admit, as they always did.

But they have no discretion in admitting US citizens.

One thing that will be the downfall from the use of marijuana is that the users would not past the drug tests given by these companies who administer the tests for employment. Many people won't qualify for jobs unless they have a doctor's excuse saying that they take marijuana for health reasons

https://www.weednews.co/marijuana-le...rding-to-poll/

Just a reminder that Michigan is not the only State voting on legal weed this Tuesday. You couldn't find a redder, more conservative State than North Dakota, yet recent polls suggest the issue may pass. Again, I'm sure it doesn't hurt when 400 miles of your Northern border just went legal.

One of the more interesting long-term angles to this new law is a city or township's right to opt-out of production/growing facilities or dispensaries if they choose. What they may not realize is that also means you don't get to share in the tax revenue. How long do you think that's going to last in say the Northern suburbs of Detroit ? Not only will they lose the tax revenue, their citizens will be taking their money elsewhere to spend. Easy to decide when the tax 'pot' is zero. A little tougher when there's millions at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    ...A little tougher when there's millions at stake.
    Which reminds me of a story I heard on WWJ earlier tonight that some armored car transport company [[Wells Fargo?) was entering into contract to provide secure transport for both marijuana and the cash related to this industry.

That's a story not often heard for other industries. It's not a gold rush. It's a green rush.

Personally, I'm enjoying the reaction of some friends, relatives, and public figures to the passage of this measure. The various angles of discussions around quantity, strength, taxation, drug offense amnesty, safety, etc, are all important. However don't forget the most the fundamental main issue that was decided here. Some people just can't seem to wrap their head around the fact that a majority of people want to be able to use marijuana legally in it's various forms if they choose. When I listen to some of the comments being made by some local law enforcement figures and politicians, it's quite clear to me that they just don't get it. They're still willing and prepared to fight the 'war against reefer madness' from the last century. One council women actually made the comment, "We're still trying to deal with medical marijuana !". It's been almost 10 years...maybe it's time some people like you lose their job because of that. What does it say about our State government when it takes almost 9 years and counting to properly respond to the will of the people about a medical issue ? What does it say about our Federal government when over 30 States have legalized marijuana either medically, recreationally, or both....and they can't manage to respond to the will of the people by logically de-scheduling the drug or allowing for proper federal banking and commerce laws ? If you voted yes on this proposal, don't even think the war is over. In some ways it's just begun.

And remember people, they don't drug test for pensions.

Another domino about to fall....

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/worl...-a4020271.html

Logic and sanity prevails. It only took 80 years..

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...m-bill-n947791

Quote Originally Posted by Canadian Visitor View Post
    In respect of non-Americans they have wide ranging discretion on who to admit, as they always did.

But they have no discretion in admitting US citizens.
    Exactly right.

When you go to a country where you don't hold citizenship, you have no rights to admission whatsoever.

The panel instead recommended that the state continue to use roadside sobriety tests to determine if a driver is impaired.
    This might be a good time to study the effectiveness of those roadside sobriety tests too. I imagine they haven't been brought up to date with technology.

Judging by advancements in flight simulators, I'd bet a really accurate test could be designed with a portable driving simulator. That should work for any kind of impairment and would be more closely related to actual driving ability than, say, touching your nose. LOL!

^ ^

Considering a Tide Pod bares a remarkable resemblance to your grandma's ...... bag, I think you're being beyond paranoid, and really just plain silly.

I find that article to be quite logical, and the concerns expressed to be legitimate. All reasonable precautions should be taken and addressed.

Your Mom capped the electrical outlets and gated the stairs when you were a toddler. When I was 8, Dad took me downstairs, pointed at the radial power saw and told me, "Touch this and I'll kick your ass !". A few years later your Dad marked the whiskey bottles, locked up the guns and ammunition, and may have had to hide the car keys. It's nothing more than another angle of responsible parenting. No reason to be "Helen Lovejoy".

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9132&FORM=VIRE
    Last edited by Bong-Man; June-15-19 at 08:06 AM.

^ ^

Considering a Tide Pod bares a remarkable resemblance to your grandma's ...... bag, I think you're being beyond paranoid, and really just plain silly.

I find that article to be quite logical, and the concerns expressed to be legitimate. All reasonable precautions should be taken and addressed.

Your Mom capped the electrical outlets and gated the stairs when you were a toddler. When I was 8, Dad took me downstairs, pointed at the radial power saw and told me, "Touch this and I'll kick your ass !". A few years later your Dad marked the whiskey bottles, locked up the guns and ammunition, and may have had to hide the car keys. It's nothing more than another angle of responsible parenting. No reason to be "Helen Lovejoy".

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...9132&FORM=VIRE

You wear your habit like a proud flag. Most people with compulsive habits do. I can understand why you're labeling me paranoid and silly. Try looking @ the Tide packs before you hit the bong, man. The person that has one lung removed due to lung cancer continues to smoke with the other. Knock yourself out, it's your life.
    Last edited by Honky Tonk; June-15-19 at 08:58 AM.

Visited my first legal Michigan recreational dispensary this morning, "The Breeze" in Hazel Park. I was 3rd in line when it opened @ 9am. I was quite happy with their setup. Everyone wearing gloves, hand sanitizer everywhere, and controlled entry to limit patrons according to social distancing. Same with the line outside the store. Parking is free and ample. The product area is glassed off from the rest of the store. Bought two different kinds of flower, and also a pack of edibles. Weed prices are not cheap....$50-60 bucks for an 1/8 oz [[3.5 grams). The edibles were only $20 bucks for a package of 10 'passion fruit yummies' [[10mg a piece). I consider that a fair price.

Over-all, I was quite pleased with my experience.

Recently purchased 60 20mg edibles for $72 bucks. That'll last me a couple of months. Competition is pretty fierce right now across the Metro area, and prices are dropping significantly. In my world it sure beats paying $18.99 for 4 bottles of craft beer. You'll sleep better too. **yawn**