Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by 401don View Post
    Pretty much everybody does. Never heard of any complaints from either side of the border - except for some guy from Florida.
    Between you and the apparently senile lawn ornament reading comprehension is not your best forte.

I bet it was costly to pull off an international poll in order to get those results.

Out of 350 million in the U.S. alone I would bet more never heard of the guy then did.

But sense it was never about the person it is a moot point,the question was Who decided the name,my line of thinking was it appropriate for an international bridge,because there is no other international bridge or crossing named after an individual.

But you are correct it is a local bridge,paid for with local funds and every other taxpayer in the country that also is paying for it should shut up.

It must be pretty cold up there because The molasses is running slow and thick.

You took the naming of an international border crossing and the question of if it was an appropriate way to pay tribute to somebody’s career when internationally most will not even know who the guy is,turned it into a character assignation by putting words in other peoples posts in order to appease your silly little narrative that has zero relevance to the discussion.

Once again between you and the lawn ornament,there are actually very few original Florida born residents left,what the majority is people that have transferred from other states,a lot from Michigan,so the cut of Florida Man is more indicative of how you feel about the quality of your neighbors that transferred to Florida.

So your “Florida Man” hails as a majority from Michigan,New York,New Jersey and Illinois sooooo …..
    Last edited by Richard; May-24-23 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Between you and the apparently senile lawn ornament reading comprehension is not your best forte.

I bet it was costly to pull off an international poll in order to get those results.

Out of 350 million in the U.S. alone I would bet more never heard of the guy then did.

But sense it was never about the person it is a moot point,the question was Who decided the name,my line of thinking was it appropriate for an international bridge,because there is no other international bridge or crossing named after an individual.

But you are correct it is a local bridge,paid for with local funds and every other taxpayer in the country that also is paying for it should shut up.

It must be pretty cold up there because The molasses is running slow and thick.

You took the naming of an international border crossing and the question of if it was an appropriate way to pay tribute to somebody’s career when internationally most will not even know who the guy is,turned it into a character assignation by putting words in other peoples posts in order to appease your silly little narrative that has zero relevance to the discussion.

Once again between you and the lawn ornament,there are actually very few original Florida born residents left,what the majority is people that have transferred from other states,a lot from Michigan,so the cut of Florida Man is more indicative of how you feel about the quality of your neighbors that transferred to Florida.

So your “Florida Man” hails as a majority from Michigan,New York,New Jersey and Illinois sooooo …..

If you wait long enough, somebody somewhere will name a bridge after you; the Richard Bridge. Just sit tight.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    If you wait long enough, somebody somewhere will name a bridge after you; the Richard Bridge. Just sit tight.
    Lol. Maybe the Cobo roof parking ramp that just goes in circles?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
    Lol. Maybe the Cobo roof parking ramp that just goes in circles?

Yes. I agree. You have to fit the name to the context, or vice versa, accordingly, lol. It’s a circular affair.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    meh already have streets,highways,schools,national parks that carry my last name or the same as, so I really do not need individual reconigtion.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    meh already have streets,highways,schools,national parks that carry my last name or the same as, so I really do not need individual reconigtion.

Gordie played his last game of hockey at age 69. His career spanned 5 decades. He didn’t have to beg for recognition.