Belanger Park River Rouge
ON THIS DATE IN DETROIT HISTORY - DOWNTOWN PONTIAC »

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    TARGET BOYCOTT IS WORKING: Target’s stock has fallen 20 percent — from $84 per share to $67 per share — since it imposed the pro-transgender policy on its customer base of families. That loss has chopped roughly $10 billion from the overall shareholder value of the company, according to a chart produced by Yahoo.com http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/target-sales-drop-amid-stoc
    You cited a website that is basically Republican with the second paragraph saying it's 'a left-leaning company'

Maybe before citing a false source, you actually find a credible source from a real news outlet. This piece of garbage website makes myself and all journalists work harder to fight for the truth and stop these right/left-wing websites.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    Seriously? In addition to half of Detroit not paying its water bills, the city couldn't even pass a $5 monthly increase [[to $65 from $60)...meanwhile Flint had the highest water bills in the country at $150+.
    The price consumers paid are determined by the customer, not the wholesaler.

BTW, those outrageous bill rates were due to a Snyder-appointed EM enacting a 35% hike rate, not anything that the DWSD did. Flint didn't have any issues prior to 2012 with getting water from Detroit since 1967.

So yeah, let's just not get into that discussion and stay on topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Towne Cluber View Post
    It's funny that some of the loudest voices in the Flint Water Crisis are [[a number of) Detroiters whom were complicit in years of Detroit Water corruption which led to the Flint Water Crisis.
    This is a bald faced lie and in fair world you'd be dragged into the street and beaten for it.

The Flint Water Crisis was caused by state appointed officials deciding, against warnings, to switch to the Flint River for a water source, failing to understand the effects that would have, failing to properly treat the water and then ignoring citizen complaints for eighteen months. Period.

What kind of sick denial and deceit must one be a part of to believe that: 1) everything was fine in Flint until the state got involved; and 2) Detroit's [[water) corruption didn't play a role in Flint's extremely high water bills?

Some Detroiters will do anything to protect the status quo...including taking advantage of people just like us. So yeah, let's not get into that discussion and stay on topic indeed.

I think this thread has gotten a little bit off the Target track. I think that public
    utilities should be respectfully responsive to stakeholder concerns. Most everyone
    posting here is either a DWSD stakeholder or a GLWA stakeholder or both.
    I would be happy to post at Willi's thread, GLWA, Next Steps? as specifically
    as you would like insofar as my nonextensive nonexecutive knowledge allows.
    There certainly have been instances of corruption within DWSD but this is not
    the correct thread for that discussion.
    While we are off-topic, Detroit was rated dead last in a Bloomberg survey last
    year of which cities had the most mice, rats, and cockroaches. Tell me why?
    Did our glorious seagulls have anything to do with this, or was it our bountiful
    foxes and coyotes, our treasury of cats, the spread-out quality of the overall
    landscape, or do loose pit bulls have them for lunch, or is the resident pastime
    of gunning for rats in alleys is still a thing? Is the Mayor Duggan blight cleanup
    having the desired effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Dumpling View Post
    I think this thread has gotten a little bit off the Target track.

no kidding, is there a way i can delete it? it's a cess pool of bs politics. i hate it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpartanDawg View Post
    no kidding, is there a way i can delete it? it's a cess pool of bs politics. i hate it.
    It is too late for this thread, but people have to decide not to feed trolls. I know it is fun, but it leads to steaming piles of troll poo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scooter View Post
    u must not have little kids, I don't want my little girls in the bathroom , when man thinks he is a woman walks in, or visus vesus if I had a little boys and see a woman walk in . let these liberals do thing like that at bar etc.. where little kids don't usuallau go
    Im done with this topic, when sharia laws takes over the US which it will. all these types of people will be executed, then the Christians will be executed etc.. it wont be a great country no more then all the liberals wil be saying hey what happen, well u desrtroyed America
    Hey Scooter.... rumor has it that the first Christians to be executed will be those that have poor grammar, and watch too much Hannity and Beck..... that will leave the rest of us safe for years...

As for those of us who don't worry about having to take a leak in Midtown.... one thing that caught my eye was paying over $11 million for 2 parcels of land there [[one was the Red Cross Building). Really?? $11 million.... seems hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Hey Scooter.... rumor has it that the first Christians to be executed will be those that have poor grammar, and watch too much Hannity and Beck..... that will leave the rest of us safe for years...
    It's about time we got this thread back on topic.

OK... since I was too subtle last time...

I find it almost impossible to believe that $11 million was paid for two parcels in Midtown...

isn't there some abandoned gas/service station as a part of that block? Or is that further south on Woodward? Curious.

Target or whoever, retail, residential is good.

Don't see one.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3475...8i6656!6m1!1e1

BTW, the good news, assuming that something happens at this corner is that the four corners of Woodward/Mack/MLKjr look to be becoming a very nice intersection.

Isn't there supposed to be a new planned development on the SW corner of MLKjr??

If so the four corners would be all new development. Sweet.
    Last edited by emu steve; July-17-16 at 07:47 AM.

My uneducated guess is that it will be a Target because they didn't deny it. But any guesses on who else might want 25,000 sq feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    isn't there some abandoned gas/service station as a part of that block? Or is that further south on Woodward? Curious.

Target or whoever, retail, residential is good.
    Yep. Right here:https://goo.gl/maps/2V3ZoYGd2Gz

Quote Originally Posted by Eber Brock Ward View Post
    Wow, I hadn't thought of a structure on Woodward. Major league eye sore.

Developing that whole block would be fantastic. It has Starbucks, Whole Foods, etc. adjacent north and Bonstelle Theatre the block to the south.

Critical block to the beautification of Woodward in Midtown.
    Last edited by emu steve; July-18-16 at 05:29 AM.

^^^ Goodness that thing needs to be knocked down! It was a Midas Car Repair place twenty years ago!

What would be in mind on this parcel? Another 5 story residential building with ground floor retail.

Quote Originally Posted by emu steve View Post
    Don't see one.

https://www.google.com/maps/@42.3475...8i6656!6m1!1e1

BTW, the good news, assuming that something happens at this corner is that the four corners of Woodward/Mack/MLKjr look to be becoming a very nice intersection.

Isn't there supposed to be a new planned development on the SW corner of MLKjr??

If so the four corners would be all new development. Sweet.
    the mondrian is supposed to break ground now[[if not already - west side of woodward, but not at MLK)

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    the mondrian is supposed to break ground now[[if not already - west side of woodward, but not at MLK)

when is it supposed to? i saw people surveying the site a few weeks back but as of a few days ago still nothing. did they make any announcements?

Quote Originally Posted by hybridy View Post
    Here is an Crains article from earlier this year. The site is supposedly Woodward/Stimson, so the SW corner of MLKjr/Woodward is still open...

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article...fter-struggles

Don't hate me, but I'd like to see a Dunkin Donuts at that corner lot of MLKjr/Woodward [[next to the apartment building). I don't see an office building going up there.

People appreciate having a Starbucks, Whole Foods, Target, CVS, etc. [[and McDonalds, etc.) but sometimes putting a Dunkin Donuts on a very business street which has a lot of morning traffic is a winner.

What could be better than a dozen donuts for the office. Yummy...

Not exactly City Target, but a regular Target Superstore will do.

Don't hate me, but I'd like to see a Dunkin Donuts at that corner lot of MLKjr/Woodward [[next to the apartment building). I don't see an office building going up there.

People appreciate having a Starbucks, Whole Foods, Target, CVS, etc. [[and McDonalds, etc.) but sometimes putting a Dunkin Donuts on a very business street which has a lot of morning traffic is a winner.

Hopefully some DD outlets will finally begin to show up again in the city proper. I don't go there every week, or even every month, but I do appreciate their donut selection. Plus, there's nothing I'm allergic to. I can't say that with Starbucks' baked goods and Krispy Kreme donuts apparently have egg whites in the dough or an egg glaze that sets off my allergies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    Hopefully some DD outlets will finally begin to show up again in the city proper. I don't go there every week, or even every month, but I do appreciate their donut selection. Plus, there's nothing I'm allergic to. I can't say that with Starbucks' baked goods and Krispy Kreme donuts apparently have egg whites in the dough or an egg glaze that sets off my allergies.
    What I've noticed about DD in No. Virginia:

They do EXTREMELY well in high traffic location with good parking.

Some in D.C. area may be familiar with the one at Potomac Yards in Alexandria. Great location. High traffic volume. Great business.

Same for Fairfax Circle on Arlington Blvd. in Fairfax. Very high traffic area with parking and business is great.

I see the same potential for the NW corner of MLKjr/Woodward. For anyone driving southbound on Woodward it would be inviting. Grab a dozen donuts for work or grab a coffee and donut before going to a sporting event at Comerica/arena/Ford Field, etc. Or grab a coffee on the way home.

Some folks are not fans of Starbucks coffee. To them, DD is a good alternative.

The only requirements as I see it: 1). Location should have a lot of vehicular traffic. 2). Easy to enter and park.

Starbucks is on the opposite corner and Great Lakes Coffee 3 short blocks north.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast