Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

'Scuse me....but having worked in the Penobscot Building for 16 years, it wasn't a huge problem to park on Cobo Roof or at Joe Louis Arena parking garage and walk or take the shuttle or People Mover. I walked, and in fact, because of that, patronized a number of the downtown retail establishments on my walk route to buy newspapers, magazines, coffee, pastries, office supplies, gifts, and cards, and have film developed and printed. Parking at the building where one works means you don't get out and about much.

I know...since that is how it is out here in the 'burbs where the company moved. I have to make a concerted effort to spend my dollars in the community where I work because there are no close-by retail establishments within walking distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen View Post
    . I walked, and in fact, because of that, patronized a number of the downtown retail establishments on my walk route to buy newspapers, magazines, coffee, pastries, office supplies, gifts, and cards, and have film developed and printed. Parking at the building where one works means you don't get out and about much.
    Bravo, thank you for your comments.
    She is exactly correct, cities are meant to be walked in. We arent saying that you have to walk 10 blocks to get to your car, but not every building needs to have attached parking.
    Downtown is picking up and I agree there is going to be a need for space and parking but dont tear that building down. There are plenty of alternatives close by.