Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I heard that the hoedown has the highest number of violent crimes [[stabbings in this case) of all the downtown festivals? Any truth to this rumor?

Yep, crazy indeed along with the along with the Ribs and Soul and the Fireworks festival -- all three of these events can get crazy! It's probably in part due to the level of alchohol associated with these festivals.

The African World and the Jazz Fest are less crazy and less drinking at the zombie level!
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    I heard that the hoedown has the highest number of violent crimes [[stabbings in this case) of all the downtown festivals? Any truth to this rumor?

Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    I went to at least a half dozen Hoedowns from the late 1990's to around 2009. I never witnessed or heard of any stabbings or shootings associated with the event. The biggest problem always seemed to be the belligerent drunks and a lot of underage drinking, but very little serious violence. Of course with 1000's of people [[Many of them drinking) there are fights, but I wouldn't say it's any worse that what I've witnessed at other large rock or country concerts.
    Last edited by Johnnny5; March-12-12 at 04:34 PM.

I wouldn't mind paying for Taylor Swift.

Quote Originally Posted by ThisIsForTheHeart View Post
    I wouldn't mind paying for Taylor Swift.
    I never knew she was a hooker!

The hillbillies are going to be a lot happier with this set up. They won't have to interact with the city at all. They can all drive in, park and leave.

That's funny.

Too bad they never have any really big events in Hinzes Park. You could have a heck of a concert on some of those baseball fields.

I stopped going to the hoedown many years ago after my girlfriend stepped-in a big pile.....funny, but she didn't think it was.....